Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna grab one of these passenger grips for my girls, but im getting conflicting searches online for wht the bolt spacing is... anyone confirm for me?

I used a tapemeasure i had laying around, but im not sure i should trust it, it seems to be off.

on my tape measure it *looked* like 56 and 92, but i dont trust it
then i see a vendor selling 55 x 90
and another with 58 x 92
I *THINK* these are the right measurements for gen5, but i want to make sure before i order.... cant trust the vendors they just say "yes" without checking.

here you can see why i dont trust my tape measure

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,733 Posts
Well, yeah, I wouldn't use that tape measure either. Specifically because it's in inches and not metric.

But you're overthinking it. The bolt hole spacing is measured to the center point of the bolt hole, not the edges of it. So using a tape measure isn't accurate enough. It will get you close enough. The Gen 4/5 are the same. Order the one that they say will fit and don't worry so much about the exact spacing measurements.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, yeah, I wouldn't use that tape measure either. Specifically because it's in inches and not metric.

But you're overthinking it. The bolt hole spacing is measured to the center point of the bolt hole, not the edges of it.
i just took a pic of the inches side cause it was funny to see how far off it was, i was measuring using the metric side and from the center of the hole as close as i could

ive trusted the vendors before and gotten wrong parts, so i like to measure it myself, but always good to get confirmation from someone else as well if possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts