Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just thought i'd do a quick introduction. My name is Jase I live in Portsmouth in the UK and have been riding an old ZX6R for years. Bought a 10in August 07, after looking at loads I found an 04 (had to be a 04-05) in mint condition, totally standard with only 2500 on the clock.....Damn its fassssssst. Not done too many miles as weather has been crap so I'm longing for this summer.

Will look thru forums as I am sure everyone asks the same but...best tires? let me know what you have used. I dont care about price so much or how long they last, just want something that sticks.

Thanks
Jase

·
Registered
512 Posts
:welcome::hello::welcome::hello:

What kind of riding do you do? If you carve up the twisties a lot I would recommend the Michelin 2CT. If you do mostly commuting (which is a shame) then don't bother with the expensive of the dual compound and get Bridgestone BT014.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi there,
Thanks for the quick reply. Mainly ride the country lanes so will give the Michelins a try.
Jase

·
Beginner w/29k miles :o)
3,008 Posts
:welcome::hello::welcome:

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
:welcome: mate not to far from me , in Fareham way i use the 2CT's they are great , also the Pirelli corsa III are awesome aswell , but found the 2CT's leting you go that bit more , due to the state of the roads that we have over here

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello m8, cool I am actually in Waterlooville so only 5 miles up the road from you. I think I will give the 2CT;s a go (soon as its worth putting them on!). lol your not wrong about the roads, the whole lot needs resurfacing. So do you go out to Alton cafe etc?

Jase

·
Registered
186 Posts
:hello::welcome:You've just been a lucky owner of one-close to race form-street bike.METZELER RACETEC'S or PIRELLI DIABLO SUPERCORSA should be ideal choise for this bike..ATTN:CHANGE THE REAR SUSPENSION SPRING I M M E D I A T E L Y if it's an 04'.it's a chip enough change and WILL TRANSFORM THE WHOLE RIDING SENSATION of this bike:wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts