Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have done some research but couldn't find the exact answer i was looking for so please no abuse if iv missed it.

I want to try and get rid of the spongy feel from my brakes by fitting a RCS CC brake master cylinder. But i cant seem to find the 17 RCS CC in the UK and the one place that might be able to get them say if i order one it could be 'several weeks' before it turns up

They and another shop that i go too have said the 19 will work fine, but iv read it is the wrong size for the M50's and makes the brakes feel too wooden.

I cant seem to find any specific experiences with the ABS model Gen5 running a 17 or a 19 with the ABS left on the bike as most rip out the ABS altogether.

What i wanna know is does the Spongy feel of the ABS and the Wooden feel of the 19mm equal out and give a decent setup? or should i just order the 17 and patiently wait for it to turn up whenever Brembo decide the time is right?

Thanks in advance

GAMO

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
I removed the ABS from my Gen5 and still had more sponge then I like. I upgraded to the RCS17 and it's much better for me personally. I can one finger brake, no issues and have plenty of feel to trail off as I put my knee down (granted this is with only one finger, two might be different).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I removed the ABS from my Gen5 and still had more sponge then I like. I upgraded to the RCS17 and it's much better for me personally. I can one finger brake, no issues and have plenty of feel to trail off as I put my knee down (granted this is with only one finger, two might be different).
Thanks for the reply dude

I watch the MCN review of the RR with ABS removed that the brakes were still spongy. I don't want to remove it but was there any improvement at all when you removed it?

I really wanna know how people got on with the 19RCS or 17RCS and ABS still plumed in

And especially if the 19RCS ABS combination works.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I’ve got the galespeed 19 without abs. Fixed the brakes for sure (some like the stock mc). Couldn’t tell ya how it would feel with abs. I was told the same thing about the 19x18 lacking feel. It works awesome and would put the same one (galespeed or Brembo) on my bike again. I tried both the 17 galespeed and 19 Brembo on my 2015 r1. I liked the 19 better. I think it’s more of a personal “feel” preference than a “it won’t work” type of thing. Try the 19. If u don’t like it u could sell it used for a small loss.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If sponginess is the main complaint, start by getting rid of the extra mile of ABS plumbing. If you want to keep the ABS, I'd get the 19mm. Seriously not overkill for a two caliper ABS system. Not even close. I would get the 19 even without ABS, but I use a lot of brake where I ride. It looks like the new "CC" Brembo has settings all the way from pussy to Rossi, so I'm fairly certain you can find some happy place with it.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
if sponginess is the main complaint, start by getting rid of the extra mile of abs plumbing. If you want to keep the abs, i'd get the 19mm. Seriously not overkill for a two caliper abs system. Not even close. I would get the 19 even without abs, but i use a lot of brake where i ride. It looks like the new "cc" brembo has settings all the way from pussy to rossi, so i'm fairly certain you can find some happy place with it.
:+1:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If sponginess is the main complaint, start by getting rid of the extra mile of ABS plumbing. If you want to keep the ABS, I'd get the 19mm. Seriously not overkill for a two caliper ABS system. Not even close. I would get the 19 even without ABS, but I use a lot of brake where I ride. It looks like the new "CC" Brembo has settings all the way from pussy to Rossi, so I'm fairly certain you can find some happy place with it.

Don't want to mess with the ABS for now! Iv read the adjustment isn't that noticeable but i will be starting at pussy and working my way up lol!

I’ve got the galespeed 19 without abs. Fixed the brakes for sure (some like the stock mc). Couldn’t tell ya how it would feel with abs. I was told the same thing about the 19x18 lacking feel. It works awesome and would put the same one (galespeed or Brembo) on my bike again. I tried both the 17 galespeed and 19 Brembo on my 2015 r1. I liked the 19 better. I think it’s more of a personal “feel” preference than a “it won’t work” type of thing. Try the 19. If u don’t like it u could sell it used for a small loss.

Thanks for your thoughts! Probably is better to go for the 19 and like you said sell it if i dont get on with it! Will be easier to shift for sure!

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,564 Posts
yeap...did same thing RCS19 and Vesrah pads and she is golden.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts