Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So anyways, there I was the other day talking to my friend who loves his damn SR20s, and I mention I might get an exhaust and the guy looks at me, and just says "you (yummy word) hypocrite".

Usually I love stock and all, but it's not about power, it's just the look. Hell if I could paint my exhaust carbon looking without it melting off, I'd do it.

However.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300429281364&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thinking about it........

How much could I get rid of my stock exhaust for? Not perfect condition, on 1-10, meaning 6 equals it works and 7-9 for looks, I'd give it a 7. Not expecting that much out of it...

I'm just tired of the big metal looking of it you know? Want something dark colored to look nice with the ride.

Hell, if any of you have one of these used and in sexy looking condition I might buy it from you!

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I'd personally go with a LOR for bang for your buck but I think you'd need to get a pc3 to get the best out of it. Pretty sure you'll lose power just by itself but I don't know.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I would buy a can, that is me

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
385 for twosisters slip-on is WAY too much IMO.

I can give you a link for LeoVince CF slip-ons for like 150...and they are better quality.

Hell, you can pick up a LV aluminum slip-on for like 105 plus shipping.

·
Registered
471 Posts
leo vince for 150!?! post the link!!!! I gots an 06 that would love to sport a pair, although Im sure you were referring to a GEN1............

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
And throw $100 at replacing a perfectly good titanium can with an aluminum one.
Umm, do you own a ZX-10R? Then go out in your garage and tell me what the OEM can is made of...cause it isn't Ti. And for 105 bucks plus shipping he can have a better looking can...which is what he wants.

The internals of the OEM can are Ti, not the can itself...it is Aluminum.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
leo vince for 150!?! post the link!!!! I gots an 06 that would love to sport a pair, although Im sure you were referring to a GEN1............
firedude has you hooked up. They have one LV Ti EvoII slip-on for the 2nd Gen for 345 + 25 (S&H)

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I wanted more of a dark carbon look. Not the titanium look, as that is what my can looks like now. Doesn't really seem to mix well with the horny green and black. Yaddamean?
Check the store link posted...there are highmount CF cans, regular CF cans, Full systems for 400...etc.

As far as dark CF...I don't know what you mean? The weave on the CF is different with the TB, but the CF itself is almost universally the same color from vendor to vendor.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LeoVince-Exhaust-04-05-Kawasaki-ZX-10R-Leo-Vince-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a50e6ac70QQitemZ250465397872QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

How sexy of a deal is this? How do these sound? And it is just slip off my old can and slip this on and bolt it? Or does the other pipe come off too?
That is a good deal IMO. They sound nice, not too loud, not too soft. It should also come with a removable DB killer as well. I am very happy with my LV thus far.

As for installation, VERY simple. Just take off the OEM can and mid-pipe and toss the new stuff on...make sure it is oriented right and there are no exhaust leaks. Piece of cake.

·
Registered
471 Posts
dude, that is a smokin deal on a 1st rate muffler. like he said, simple, straightforward install, should only have to pop the lower right fairing loose, if even that. you will be more than happy, and shouldnt even need a remap. unless of course you want to get the full potential of the mod.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
dude, that is a smokin deal on a 1st rate muffler. like he said, simple, straightforward install, should only have to pop the lower right fairing loose, if even that. you will be more than happy, and shouldnt even need a remap. unless of course you want to get the full potential of the mod.
:+1: any slip on is worth the time and effort to install. A deal like this on a quality product such as this, is a no brainer.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts