Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I cannot get the air box off of my 08.. WTF??

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
rotate and pull

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rear will come up, but the front will not budge.. Do I need to remove the fuel rail and such?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There should be a how to LOL!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got the tank off, and took off the seven or eight phillips, but the stupid top cover will not come off?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No sir, it will not come off.. Its like there is still something holding it on but I have looked and looked and looked but there is nothing else holding it. The rear of the cover will raise up but the front will not budge. I tried prying it open with a flat head and got it up just a little but it felt like it was going to snap so I just rolled it in the garage and said screw it for the night lol.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
moving to "Performance" section

·
Gone Ridin'
1,705 Posts
Did you remember the screw in the center (at the bottom of the hole)?

All you need to do are remove the phillips (there are 9).

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just went back out there, and I honestly cannot find one in the center hole..?

·
Registered
499 Posts
I got 8 bolts around the top edge

Bad angle but best I got 07 ZX10r

:::EDIT::: I am the retard just notice you have an 08 lol not sure if teh above pic would help

·
Registered
819 Posts
Yeap, you have to take all of those out then open the air box and you will see more around the velocity stacks inside of the air box. Take all of those out and it will come right out.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I got the cover off, but how do I actually get the rest of the box off? I cant get to the side butterflies.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No, I got the cover off, but now I need to be able to get the rest of the box off so I can get to the side screws to where you cannot get the screw driver because it hits the velocity stacks?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts