Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a guy where I work who is selling a 91 Suzuki DR250S for 1000 OBO.
Any one have any info on this bike good/bad, and since I've never bought a dirt bike any things I should be wary of/look for?:beer:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Felix el gato said:
Perhaps you should google it and post on a "dirt" forum.

My 0.02
:iamwithst Look at the plastics and footpegs and you can tell if its been wrecked...Make sure it doesn't leak oil and stuff like that

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
luckz88 said:
:iamwithst Look at the plastics and footpegs and you can tell if its been wrecked...Make sure it doesn't leak oil and stuff like that
??? you must not ride dirties!! Plastic is damn cheep so most people replace it b4 selling to get mo $$$. Pegs aren't too much $$ either. And besides, a dirty that's never been wrecked, has never been riden!!

As for the guy posting the ???, you can likely get a newer bike for that same amount. It all depends on what you want to do. Ride trails? MX?

Agree with the others that if new to dirties read up on some "dirty" forums. ...and not the kind that BD spanks off too all night... :nana:

If you want the "crash" course, ya can try my CR500!! :lol: :beer:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Check the air filter. That will give you a good idea if the guy took good care of the bike. They have to be changed quite often so if its dirty he may not have taken good care of the bike.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
+1 on the air filter. Too bad you are not closer. I have a dirt bike up for sale. It is a 98 KTM 300 EXC. All stock and adult riden and cared for. I'm asking $1500 if that gives you a reference point. Most 2 strokes are pretty cheap once they are a few years old. When I was looking around last year any bike 5-10 years old (2 stroke) that is in good cond. was going for $1500-$2500. Over 10 years old was $1000 and under. Dirt bikes are way different than street bikes when it comes to resale. Mostly because everything is so cheap to fix/replace. Especially a 2 stroke.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Oh yeah, my buddy just sold his 97 suzuki rm250, good cond for $700. It had a newer graffix kit, decent wear left on the tires, compression test was good, and suspension had just been serviced. Hope that gives you an idea of what is out there for what price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts