Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am happy to say that the first run straight off the trailer with the 10 was a very impressive 193.56mph all motor. And that was into a stout 5-7mph head wind.

The second run after some tuning resulted in the bikes engine cases being intorduced to the tarmac at about 188mph and we tore the oil pan, farings, headers etc off the bike. This oiled down the track and shut it down for over 90 miuntes.

Of course we did not get to run anymore which means no nitrous passes.

Maze and some others were there too so hopefully he ran well and we will hear from him later.

Don

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
YAK!!! a good news bad news kinda day huh? hope your Ok and the bike can be repaired soon.

BD

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
At least your alright. Good speed by the way :thumbsup: I'd like to see some pics of the bike if possible.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chad Millholland was riding and yes he is fine. I will post some pics of the bike soon. Its torn apart now to access the damage

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Crap... what happened? Is this straight line stuff we're talking about? How'd he toss it down the track? High speed wobble?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No the bike did not crash at all. It just drug the bottom against the piece of concrete or something loose on the track, we never figured it out for 100% sure.

the bike just bottomed out against it and it did the damage above and yes he and the bike are fine as nobody went down. Just torw up some parts. And yes all land speed racing is done in a straight line as far as I know. MAxton is the ECTA event on the east coast and is ran on a deserted Airforce runway from WWII.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts