Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
The fact that there isn't a SINGLE review of any of their products on YouTube concerns me... Here's a re-quote for you too...

"Let me guess: custom gear at a value price? Probably the same setup as all the others. You order, it gets handed off to some 3rd party manufacturer in a 3rd world country, and a few months later you get a suit. It either fits, or there's problems and after several more months of empty promises from the "owner of the company" there's a second thread on here with "buyer beware" in the title."

And here's another quote for those listening to the people they sponsor, aka give FREE shit too...

"lol... aint no way no how I would buy a suit based on "promises". Especially when you have sellers like Riders or STG who sell stuff they ride/race in. And all the major companies have been around long enough to provide size charts that are pretty...excuse me, very damn accurate!!"

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
The fact that there isn't a SINGLE review of any of their products on YouTube concerns me... Here's a re-quote for you too...

"Let me guess: custom gear at a value price? Probably the same setup as all the others. You order, it gets handed off to some 3rd party manufacturer in a 3rd world country, and a few months later you get a suit. It either fits, or there's problems and after several more months of empty promises from the "owner of the company" there's a second thread on here with "buyer beware" in the title."

And here's another quote for those listening to the people they sponsor, aka give FREE shit too...

"lol... aint no way no how I would buy a suit based on "promises". Especially when you have sellers like Riders or STG who sell stuff they ride/race in. And all the major companies have been around long enough to provide size charts that are pretty...excuse me, very damn accurate!!"
actually if you go on facebook and search for plus racing you will find a a lot of good reviews on the gloves and the suits. :lol:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Buying cheap

I think your a little off the mark here mate
1-I use Held Titan gloves
2-I never buy cheap shitty products(only 1 rear hrc master cylinder reservoir tube)
3-do a little more searching on products because there's a lot of great feedback on Plus gear
4-Alpinestars are made in Vietnam(does that make them inferior)
5-99% of motorcycle gloves are made in third world country's
6-Held motorcycle gloves are made in Hungary!
7-so don't be to quick to make decisions on gloves that don't spend millions telling the world how good they are!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why is it that the word "Hungary"rings a bell in my head!Shit I remember!Held German gloves are made their!so obviously Hungary must a very good reputation for glove manufacturing!hang on!that where Plus gloves are made!ok enough with being sarcastic it's not needed!with all gloves that are manufactured in places like Vietnam,Hungary,China!has nothing to do with their quality!its their strict quality control that governs what you wear and recieved!Plus gloves are not cheap gloves at $280 here in Australia!$150 Alpinestar copies made in Pakistan are the shit!I actually nearly purchased off eBay a pair of Alpinestars GP PRO R2 gloves!the prick had a U,S address but looking at my PayPal payment the supplier was from China!a farking scammer!I looked back at his feedback and yes the gloves were copies!the prick was so shifty with bs address he got me but not for long!I had my money back in 2 hours!tell me how does eBay let these shifty pricks sell fake shit on their site?

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Sorry to hear about your divorce Peter. But sometimes I guess it's better to do that than live in misery for sure. Never had the experience so you could say I'm ignorant on that subject I guess. The new bits look great tho', :ayyy:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Moving on my friend

I can see you're getting along miserably Pete! :thumbsup:
Although I keep asking the question "why"It took a while but I came to my own reasoning!all the different little things that had changed were over the last 6 months!leaving every 3rd weekend to visit her children leaving me to try and do everything for 3 days at a time!she actually said to me "you have changed over the last 6 months"!Robyn my now ex had her first Grandchild and her name is Quin!with her statement about me changing over the last 6 months!I replied with the comment "how old is Quin now Robyn?"her answer was 6 months old!Touche!it was easier for her to try and ruin me and get tha majority of the money to move back near her Children and first Grandchild!and sadly for her it's all gone a little pear shaped!Solictor has advised me 40-50% maybe more of everything as we own the house,car with no doubt!she could bring my bike into it!but not working or bringing in a single penny into the relationship and every other cost(rates,insurance,power and gas bills)for nearly 8 years doesn't help!my income was the provider

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's a shitty experience Honez

Sorry to hear about your divorce Peter. But sometimes I guess it's better to do that than live in misery for sure. Never had the experience so you could say I'm ignorant on that subject I guess. The new bits look great tho', :ayyy:
Thanks for your words they are appreciated!everyone deals with let downs,betrayal,lies and greed!if you dwell in the past you a certain to make the same mistakes!the way to heal is by moving forward and excepting what challengers and positive things that will come!I believe our lives are scripted from Birth!what I find totally surprising was the actions I took when I was leaving!usually all I would take would be personal things like bike helmets!jackets just man shit!what has got me freaked out was what I chose to take first and foremost!every receipt and medical record my ex wife had sitting in perfect named files that was a smallish suitcase full!what I found going through it days later was every bill was paid in my name and money!garages,spas,fencing,landscaping even down to TV rugs and vacuum cleaner!I even found a receipt in early 2012 of the some of $5500 for a garage I had built when we lived in the house in Rye(Mornington peninsula Victoria)before moving to this property!and that's only the tip of the Iceberg lol!why in fuk did I choose to take them!someone upstairs had a hand in this

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Plus reviews

Here's 3 reviews on their Facebook page!social media is fantastic sometimes!sometimes YouTube can be a great tool for info but for most of us it goes in the 2 hard basket!Im not trying to make the negative post look silly or feel a tad embarrassed because I hate any person who goes out of their way to belittle anyone!sometimes the big company's who post results on YouTube have sometimes the company's best interest in mind and not the real people who will use their views to purchase a product!Caveat Emptor.............

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
I don't doubt they're good gloves. I have cheap AGV gloves, probably retailed for $30, and they do the job and they're convenient. Do I trust them with my hands life though... absolutely not lol. The fact that this company isn't offering users any information on their website, YouTube, etc. as to the quality of their product other than "word of mouth" and written text concerns me.

I cannot safely put my money into a product that is only advertising their products based on materials and aesthetics vs. lab testing, side by side comparisons, customer reviews, on-the-bike reviews, etc. 3 Facebook comments isn't going to sway my decision when thousands if not 10's of thousands of customers will back the name brands like Alpinestars, Cortech, etc. The company is a lot of talk and not a lot of show vs. its competitors and that scares me, that's all. :l

Even RHOK industries, with their sketchy ass website and difficult ordering process, managed to get dozens of reviews and well known motovloggers to sponsor the company and even become vendors.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your views are wellcome and that's a opinion!but I can't understand you putting a product down when you yourself wear $30 gloves!you can't get a good pair of gardening gloves for $30 but that's your decision!you don't step into any discussion and hate on a product that doesn't fit your criteria of a "good glove"!have you ever heard the term "$10 head-$10 helmet"and to be on the safe side drop the gloves your using and buy a pair that will actually protect your hands not cripple them!

·
Chairman of the Board
16,141 Posts
I'm in the middle of a divorce myself. Maybe I should give this retail therapy a whirl!? Seems like its working for you mate?! Lol!! Jacket looks great and I betting the gloves will be as well.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
I'm in the middle of a divorce myself. Maybe I should give this retail therapy a whirl!? Seems like its working for you mate?! Lol!! Jacket looks great and I betting the gloves will be as well.
What in the ever Fuggin' F*ck is going on? Sorry about hearing about yours too Or. :frown2: Hope it isn't contagious tho' :headshake:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh no or10r!I can feel your pain my friend as it at times consumes you!your enemy is time spare to reflect on what could of been!Having no children together helps so much!when my last marriage went South my ex moved interstate catching me off guard with promises of visits,phone calls and every update of my 3 children's pivotal moments in their lives!2000 kilometres away is a relationship nightmare when not 1 of her promises held any merit!my Birthday cards never landed in their hands and in her own words 7 years later "you don't no how much I have poisoned their minds"!honestly how can any person go out of their way to belittle a child's parent to turn them against their Father or Mother!she actually had been having a affair at work and my children actually witnessed them kissing 1 week after I had to leave our house!it destroyed me inside loosing contact with my children and having to fly to Queensland to see them was so difficult financially after paying child support and rent money was very tight!it took 7 years of misery before my children were old enough to fully understand what really was the truth and what had happened in our marriage!my son had caught them in bed together when he was 8yo so a very heavy burden to carry!I never have put their Mother down in anyway when they visit as I would rather deal with it myself than torture my children's minds!honestly having no children envolved and a perfectly clear conscience helps heal your soul!really what upsets me the most was the contact and luv I had for my 2 dogs!she put a interim order on me not to be within 200meters of our house because I had abused her and she was scared for her safety!she is so stupid she said this happened on the 27th of March!my Daughter and boyfriend were visiting from the 23rd to the 29th of March!the ex left the house early Monday morning(26th)and didn't return till the 30th so she was 300 kilometres away on the 27th so the court hearing should be interesting on the 4th of a May!my Child and boyfriend are writing statuary decs stating the she wasn't their and she left Monday morning and they didn't see her again!if your going to tell lies at least get the dates right

·
Chairman of the Board
16,141 Posts
What in the ever Fuggin' F*ck is going on? Sorry about hearing about yours too Or. :frown2: Hope it isn't contagious tho' :headshake:
Thanks guys. Its not contagious. Lol. Things had been sour for us for a long time. She is a great person and I wish her nothing but the best. I think we both know though that we can be better people apart.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.