Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
it's gonna be a good few years for gp i'm guessing
As someone who despises Lorenzo, it should be an interesting year. Reminds me from back in the early days when King Kenny and Freddy was racing and the Europeans complaining about the Americans bumping fairings and such....haha. I like the kid, he's fearless......

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I dislike Lorenzo a lot and am itching for more excitement in moto GP, but that was bad riding. I know he was pushing and giving his all, and I give credit for that, but that was a bad mistake.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Mofo needs to push flag to flag. Not parade lapping. Mofos are hungry and want his crown. You see how a 7 time motogp champ gets disrespected. What do you expect happen to a two "chain" time motogp champ?

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
I dislike Lorenzo a lot and am itching for more excitement in moto GP, but that was bad riding. I know he was pushing and giving his all, and I give credit for that, but that was a bad mistake.
:+1: Thats exactly how I feel.

·
Team Green Baby!
1,518 Posts
Although I like Marquez's ambition, I did not like that pass at all. The kid came in wayyyy too hot. If Lorenzo was not in his way, he would of went wayyy wide and Lorenzo would of won and that is a fact. And it's the corner named after him ironically, no respect. :headshake

·
Registered
596 Posts
Marquez is just doing what he was brought in by Dorna to do, bring some excitement. They waived the "rookie rule" for him so he could go directly to a factory ride. If you watched him in Moto 2 you know how he rides. He is fearless.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Team Green Baby!
1,518 Posts
That was a rookie mistake by him. He will learn. Moto2 ain't no MotoGP. Understood he wants to prove himself but it's a long season and it's really unnecessary to risk injury to him and other riders to race recklessly like that IMO.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I really don't see the problem with the pass:dontknow: If Lorenza saw him coming in too hot, he should have applied a little more brake and let him fly-by wide and remain in the lead. It looked like a really good block pass to me and Lorenza is the one at fault for the bump IMO. It looks like a great season ahead. Can't wait for them to come to the U.S.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I agree he will learn as this is his first year in GP. Lorenzo used to be way more aggressive until he got injured. Marquez is currently leading in points, with 3 podiums, including a win.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
Your skill can only carry you so far before your luck runs out.. Like other have said, "it's still a long season" on wreck and your out of contention or an injury will side line you. I have no favorites, just a fan for racing.:eek:ccasion1

·
Team Green Baby!
1,518 Posts
I also think if Lorenzo kept a tighter line and closed the gap just a little more, Marques would not have attempted that pass. At the end of the day, it's racing but on the same token you want a good clean race. It's hard to balance that out because everyone wants to win and I get it. I'm just glad no one got hurt and hopefully both of them will learn from their mistakes.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts