Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not putting it for sale yet, but debating a trade. Was wondering if $5200 was a fair price for a 2004 Pearl Blazing Orange 8k miles absolutely 100% mint with some goodies. Need honest answers quick.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Yeah I think 5200 would be fair is it is really mint...what mods?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I think 5200 would be fair is it is really mint...what mods?
Not a scratch on the bike.

-Scotts steering damper
-Puig double bubble smoke screen
-D&D carbon slip (have stock exhaust as well)
-Ivan's KLEEN block off's
-Power Commander
-Custom gear indicator
-Flush mounts all around (front/rear)
-Continental Sport Attacks with less than 1000mi on them
-ZX-14 Calipers with new pads
-SS galfer lines
-CBR1000rr front radial master cylinder
-Matching stock solo tail

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Not a scratch on the bike.

-Scotts steering damper
-Puig double bubble smoke screen
-D&D carbon slip (have stock exhaust as well)
-Ivan's KLEEN block off's
-Power Commander
-Custom gear indicator
-Flush mounts all around (front/rear)
-Continental Sport Attacks with less than 1000mi on them
-ZX-14 Calipers with new pads
-SS galfer lines
-CBR1000rr front radial master cylinder
-Matching stock solo tail
JBlaze should be along soon :lol: ...but for my neck of the woods sounds like a good deal. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
That is a very impressive list of up-grades. What the bike will sell for? Depends a lot on whether the buyer is just shopping for a used bike (of this type) or... knows, it is a collectors item.

For crying out loud, a cherry 1968 Triumph Bonnie is selling for $12,000 (I think).

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys would kill me but i am looking to basically trade up to a 2005 RC51. I've owned in-line 4's all my life and want to own a V-twin sportbike before i get married and have kids.

The deal on the RC51 is unreal. Same miles, year newer, and CHEAP.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would be asking around $6000 obo for the bike but just wanted to make sure i could at least get $5200 :D

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
You guys would kill me but i am looking to basically trade up to a 2005 RC51. I've owned in-line 4's all my life and want to own a V-twin sportbike before i get married and have kids.

The deal on the RC51 is unreal. Same miles, year newer, and CHEAP.
I have killed for less! LOL j/k I have ridden an '04 RC51 and I liked it. Not as much as my Kaw, but it was a nice bike..ergo's killed me but it turns!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I can understand your attraction to the RC51 Jay. But, I have to kill you, for your own good :lol: None of the V- (technically L) twins turn as well, (by a very big difference) and they don't have the low end power, and of course not the top end power of the ZX-10.

I'll explain this in a couple days, I have to rip out of here right now. :helmet:

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
In short.

Hell Yeah

·
Registered
222 Posts
V-twins are generally better streetbikes than liter 4's (more tractable power, better torque characteristics at low revs, generally flat torque curve throughout the range) but the RC-51 would not be my pick. early Aprilia RSV-R or factory models (04-05) can be had for similar money and is a better bike stock for stock than the honda. I personally dont like the ergos on the RC compared to the '04 factory I had...the RC51 stretches you out like a ducati, but I actually two-up sport toured the aprilia.

I also tracked the aprilia and it was plenty fast, turned very well with stock ohlins. the chassis was unflappable in corners and the V60 rotax motor allows you to get on the power hard and early at the corner exit compared to a liter 4. but you will give up bike lengths on the straights to a zx10. that said, the rc is plenty good and if you get a good deal it compares well with the aprilia or a ducati 999. way way better than a suzuki TL or SV1000.

The main difference you will feel between the zx10 and the big twins is the weight. Also, while the twin will spin up quick and give you grunt off the line, the lack of top end power will make you long for the zx10. also prepare to be baked by the RC's radiator as the liter twins are like mini nuclear reactors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts