Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just in! Morco Simoncelli Motogp Racer Is killed in crash, envolving Collin Edwards and Valentino Rossi!
My thoughts and prayers to his family.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Simoncelli was involved in a fatal accident with Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi during the Malaysia GP at the Sepang International Circuit. In fourth position at the end of lap one, during lap two his bike veered across the track and straight into the path of Edwards and Rossi. The race was immediately red-flagged. Simoncelli lay stricken on the track after the crash, his helmet having come off during the incident. He was taken by ambulance to the circuit's medical centre, but at 16:56 it was announced he had succumbed to his injuries

·
Registered
395 Posts
RIP Marco :(

·
Registered
152 Posts
sad sad news,i was watching live on tv and said this is bad,he fell and was hit from behind by edwards and rossi at high speed,helmet torn off,so sad......R I P

·
Chairman of the Board
16,050 Posts
I saw the crash as I watched the race this morning. Horrific. Im so sadened by this. I really liked Marco alot. While his riding style was controversial at times his personality was magnetic. Rest in Peace Marco and may God comfort those you left behind. We will all miss you.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
God! I was here at work watching the race. My head is all screwed up now! Damn! I can't function at the moment.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,050 Posts
God! I was here at work watching the race. My head is all screwed up now! Damn! I can't function at the moment.
So, so sad. Im not sure the death of someone I didnt know has ever effected me so deeply. I am truley deeply grieved.

·
Registered
914 Posts
My thoughts go out to his family, the riders involved and the entire Honda Gresini team.

Marco's passing is a huge loss to our sport and this truly is an epically sombre moment for all that followed his career.

Marco Simoncelli 20 January 1987 - 23 October 2011

Attachments

·
Registered
914 Posts
WARNING THIS IS NOT EASY TO WATCH:
It's amazing that he loses the front then tries to save it on his slider and elbow then the thing grips up and pulls him accross the track into the path of Edwards and Rossi who had nowhere to go despite there best efforts.

I cannot imagine how Rossi and Edward's are feeling right now, it is in no way there fault but I cannot imagine how upset they would be right now. I would not be surprised if Rossi was absent at the next round as Marco was a very close friend of his. I would be inconsolable.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,028 Posts
Sad, sad day for sure. RIP Marco.

First Dan Wheldon, now Marco Simoncelli. It's been a hard week for motorsports racing.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
May the good Lord be with you, and watch over your family! So sad, but he died doing what he loved to do! When I pass, I want my friends to put my ashes on the back of their bikes and ride like they stole it, letting me fade into the wind, but my spirit will ride forever!!
RIP Marco

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
got a text at 318am from a friend saying something super bad happened in GP race, but didnt think it was this!
I like Super Sic, he was a breathe of fun and excitement to the otherwise mostly boring GP series...Great Talent who will be missed for sure in the sport.

RIP and God be with all those that know & love you.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts