Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have been banging my head against the computer trying to figure out a way to make this work :eyecrazy:. im wanting to make my 04 marchesini wheels work on the 08 im picking up. what i think will work is using the bearings and spacers out of the 08 wheel throw them in the marchesini wheel and boom it should work.

Why am i wrong?

thanks
jeff

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
hey bud, well I had a 04-05 I pickjed up 06-10 zx10r mag marchesinis and all I had to do was swap over those year forks.... so basically you would have to find a set of 04-05 forks and swap them onto a 08+ and run that axle and calipers and such.

If ya didnt wanna do that then yes you will have to buy the different spacers and such but marchesini stuff isnt always the easiest to track down.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey bud, well I had a 04-05 I pickjed up 06-10 zx10r mag marchesinis and all I had to do was swap over those year forks.... so basically you would have to find a set of 04-05 forks and swap them onto a 08+ and run that axle and calipers and such.

If ya didnt wanna do that then yes you will have to buy the different spacers and such but marchesini stuff isnt always the easiest to track down.
ha you arent kidding its damn near impossible to find marchesini stuff. im really wanting to keep the 08 forks so im wanting to go the route of spacers and bearings.

am i wrong in assuming the rotors will work on the wheels off the 08??

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I Got ya....

as for the rotors no they will bolt up they are the same bolt pattery, but i believe the 08's are slightly larger than the 04-05's so if you did wind up getting 04-05 forks and using 08 rotors you would need spacers....

other than selling your wheels to buy a set of 06-10 marchesinis and finding all the spacers or custom making the spacers those are sorta your only options... you could also try to find a set of ohlins so atleast you gettin some bling to go with it :-D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts