Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive found numerous threads all over the web but not a single person has posted how they managed to mount their rear rotor to a Marchesini wheel.

The shoulder on the bolt is too long and bottoms out before snugging down the rotor. Ive literally looked all over for bolts even from different bike manufactures and can't come up with a solution.

Anyone?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Try Probolt or Racebolt (cheaper)titanium!on Probolts site they have a pdf on all M8 disc bolts with shoulder sizes and length!I have a suspicion that the rear gen4 ti offerings from Probolt are shorter than the M8x30mm fronts!also on PB site the 2011-2015 ZX10R search does offer ti M8 ti rearset mounting bolts (to the frame)thats smaller in the shoulder and length!I can get some info a bit later when I jump on my ipad

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just need to know for sure and what bolts to order. Seriously upset that I dropped coin on wheels that couldn't even come with any DIRECTIONS on what to buy!! Totally uncool.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Ok heres Probolt part number!
MTIDISCTRIRE
Triumph 955i 02-03 04-05 99-01
Triumph speed triple 1050cc 04-10
All ti disc bolts are around $10-14aus each

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
M8 Titanium/Stainless disc/rotor bolts

Ok these bolts do have a shorter shoulder that will solve your problem!just jump on Probolts site and search disc/rotor bolts!Triumph!Yamaha rear M8 offer what your after to name a few.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw those actually yes, do we know 1000% that these will work. I see lots of people with these wheels but no one has shared this top secret installation information!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Well the site sais that Triumph rotor bolt has a 3mm shoulder!measure the shoulder on the bolts that your trying to fit and you will have your answer!if I was in your situation and theres a opportunity they could fix the problem I would of ordered it yesterday!Ive given you a option at least try it! $50 to have $2000-$3000 wheels on the bike is a given

·
Registered
569 Posts
Did you reach out to the retailer who sold you the wheels? I would like for them to provide you with either the information you are seeking or contact info of who has the answer. If that fails maybe reach out to a reputable retailer who sells the wheels for the zx10r.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did, I even went to the tippity top of support. Working on a solution now, I will certainly detail my results to save everyone else the same headache.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
The problem is a easy fix mate!nearly all M8 rotor bolts with a shoulder has a M10 diameter!your problem lies in the length!there are many options in M8 rotor bolts either stainless or ti!I cant believe your wheel supplier hasnt fixed this problem and thats just B.S!order the Triumph M8 with a 3mm shoulder!the rotor itself looks at least 3mm thick so the 1mm should sit in your rims

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The problem is a easy fix mate!nearly all M8 rotor bolts with a shoulder has a M10 diameter!your problem lies in the length!there are many options in M8 rotor bolts either stainless or ti!I cant believe your wheel supplier hasnt fixed this problem and thats just B.S!order the Triumph M8 with a 3mm shoulder!the rotor itself looks at least 3mm thick so the 1mm should sit in your rims
I did order them and they are shipping now, I should have them in 3-5 days. Im just disappointed in Marchesini honestly, If I was a newb that didn't know any better I probably would have stripped all 4 holes before realizing this problem. Completely disappointed :headshake:

·
Vendor
6,878 Posts
I did order them and they are shipping now, I should have them in 3-5 days. Im just disappointed in Marchesini honestly, If I was a newb that didn't know any better I probably would have stripped all 4 holes before realizing this problem. Completely disappointed :headshake:
I have spoken with the supplier and manufacture of the product, while you say others have stated that they have had this problem (I googled and did see several forum posts) this is the first my rep and Marchesini have heard about it. They have to know that there is an issue first to address it. I sold you the wheels so email me a copy of the receipt on the bolts you just bought and I will put it as in store credit for future purchase. Also, if you see an international phone number calling your phone you should answer. I am having Peter from Marchesini in Italy personally call you.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have spoken with the supplier and manufacture of the product, while you say others have stated that they have had this problem (I googled and did see several forum posts) this is the first my rep and Marchesini have heard about it. They have to know that there is an issue first to address it. I sold you the wheels so email me a copy of the receipt on the bolts you just bought and I will put it as in store credit for future purchase. Also, if you see an international phone number calling your phone you should answer. I am having Peter from Marchesini in Italy personally call you.
And there you go. Mike FTW!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Service with a smile. I just spoke with Peter and Im going to get him all of the measurements for the stock bolt, he DID confirm that I do have the correct carrier for the wheel so its simply a bolt issue. Posts dating back to 2009 have confirmed the strange problem, Im just shocked no one has taken initiative to fix it yet!! Ill keep the thread alive with results as I get them.

·
Vendor
6,878 Posts
And there you go. Mike FTW!
:eek:ccasion1

Service with a smile. I just spoke with Peter and Im going to get him all of the measurements for the stock bolt, he DID confirm that I do have the correct carrier for the wheel so its simply a bolt issue. Posts dating back to 2009 have confirmed the strange problem, Im just shocked no one has taken initiative to fix it yet!! Ill keep the thread alive with results as I get them.
Awesome, keep us updated!

This is why I buy ONLY from him too, and send all recommendations his way :lol::biggrin:
This guy gets it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Big lips is this for a 2016 zx10r? If so, you should weigh the wheels for us so we can see the difference if it is not much trouble.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I think the reason my be hit and miss with this problem!most who change to light weight rims will go the extra step with a/m ti bolts!the shoulder on ti bolts are machined also

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Big lips is this for a 2016 zx10r? If so, you should weigh the wheels for us so we can see the difference if it is not much trouble.
For a 2008 sorry bud

I think the reason my be hit and miss with this problem!most who change to light weight rims will go the extra step with a/m ti bolts!the shoulder on ti bolts are machined also
My wallet will say that I only bought this bike because I was bored with 3 others :lol: The weight didn't matter too much for me, I even decided to keep the factory crap rotors for now until I figured what to do about the brakes in general. I did buy the nice Brembo master though :love10:

Measurements coming in a few short minutes

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Head height - 3mm
Head width - 18mm
Collar width - 10mm
Collar length - 6mm
Thread length - 24mm
Overall length - 34mm (hair under)

The collar is about 2-3mm too long in length. The bolts I order SHOULD technically fit at 3mm collar length

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts