Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my magnesium wheels and when I unpack the rear, I found this seemingly misaligned rear bore.

The wheel bearing and the bore are definitely offset from one another. This is looking through the cush drive side.

I'm thinking trying to force the spacer through this would either 1) put undue load on the bearing or 2) not fit at all.

Any thoughts??? Am I mistaken?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I dont believe the spacer goes through the sleeve/bore. I believe the sleeve/bore will align with the inner bearing if you move it with your finger.

Reactions: jcw

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Oh, the sleeve moves in there? :rolleyes:

I think the spacer does cross the bearing and into the sleeve but don't quote me on it.

If that's the case, thanks! Scared the crap out of me. :eyecrazy:

I didn't want to bang the sprocket drive in and everything be seized up.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yup, the fu*ker moves in there.

Can you tell I'm anal retentive?

:eek:ccasion1

Rep sent.

Can a moderator change the title to Marchesini wheel NON-problem. :)

BTW, thanks to LPusa for the great price and pretty fast shipping.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the good info in another thread...

You would think Marchesini would put some correct length bolts in the box, or a note to cut your stockers. If it was my product I would.

But yeah, several members have been down this road. Cut your stockers or buy the shorter stock ones.

I had some aftermarket Titanium bolts for the REAR WHEEL I bought from Yoyodyne. Although they were shorter, the shoulder of the bolt (where there is NO threads) was still to long (longer than stock) and it wouldn't tighten down even though it was NOT bottoming out on the back side against the hub.

Be VERY VERY careful with the rear wheel bolts as it is close on the countersunk "well" of the bolt shoulder bottoming out. I stripped one of the holes and wound up using the longer bolts with lock nuts on the backside. I later bought another brake rotor mount. Costs was only $49.00 for that piece but took 6 months to get it.

Do not tighten anything down that doesn't look or feel right. Don't screw it up. Its easy to do. Take a LONG DEEP breath first, before damaging something you will cry over after wards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts