Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I get a custom map at a shop that happens to be at sea level but I live in a town thats 2300feet above will that effect the map/bike?

Is a custom map better then a map on a website thats made for my mods?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If you get one at sea level then go up to 2300 then you might have some probs with the map being a bit on the rich side. The bike has two barometric sensors on it that should try to clean up the map some, but it still might be on the rich side even with their help.

Best to get a map made in the area the bike is going to be in if at all possible.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what if there is no place around where I will be, does that mean custom map is out of the question? Can you get a custum map from a shop at sea level set up for a place 2300feet? It would seem to me if it is custom they could make it work at any elevation or any other spec needed/wanted, right??

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If you can I would try to get a baseline dyno run in your home area to see where the stock map is with the mods, then base your decision on that run.

If what ryan said is right and they can just lean the map out for every so many feet of elevation changes then you could go that route. I live in OKC and just going from here (1200 to 1500 ft) to Eureka Springs AR (2500 or so) I noticed a big difference in how my bike ran on the stock map.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
i had mine done @ sea level but live @ 4,400ft and have no problems with the map. Yes the dyno operator can factor in your elevation so make sure and tell him. As sneaky mentioned the 2 sensors will compensate to a degree but are not the end all be all.

BD

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Big Daddy said:
i had mine done @ sea level but live @ 4,400ft and have no problems with the map. Yes the dyno operator can factor in your elevation so make sure and tell him. As sneaky mentioned the 2 sensors will compensate to a degree but are not the end all be all.
BD
:+1:
When I was racing dirtbikes, I had an engine built in Cali and one of the questions they asked was what elevation would I be racing at usually. So jetting(mapping) can be done for any elevation reagrdless of where it is done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts