Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finaly reached back and had my 04 ZX10r dynoed and my power commander mapped last Saturday at Dyno Solutions in Brookfield Ct. All I can say is I should have done it a year ago when I put the power commander on. My 04 has an Akrapovic slip on, stock air filter, and Kleen block off plates. I had used the Arrow slipon map from the power commander site and played with various maps posted by the members here, and thanks to all for the maps posted on this site. But after having a custom map done I now know for sure that the only way to gain the FULL potential of your power commander and your bike, is to have YOUR BIKE MAPPED on a dyno. I compaired my map to the other maps I had been using and they are so different I can't beleave it. I had a GIPro TRE on my 04, but twice I had them short curcuit and burn out when they got wet after being cought in the rain. I like them because they helped with the off - on throttal ubruptness that I hated. I had my 04 mapped with out the TRE installed, and John at Dyno Solutions was able to get rid of all the abruptness and jerky throttle responce I was complaining about. Only because of the willingness of the other members on this site to share their maps, I will offer to e-mail my map to any member that wants to try it, but I highly recommend getting to your nearest Dyno Jet Tuning center and getting a custom map made.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
It made 153HP, SAE, with 76 foot pounds of tork
That sounds spot on. Mine made 152rwhp and 75.5ft-lbs on a dynojet dyno. Mine has Muzzy slip-on, BMC filter, secondary butterfly delete, and power commander.

I am fortunate to have a friend who owns a dyno, so I was able to play around for a while with different maps and such.
I found it very interesting that the power-commander map for "stock air filter & stock exhaust" (version B) from their website had the best fuel curve out of any of the downloaded maps I tried on my bike. Of course I ended up doing most of it in small groups of cells to get it smooth how I like it.
Target AFR of 12:1 at 2% throttle gave the smoothest cruise. Lean it out to 13:1 and it got poppy and burpy. Max WOT power was made at 12.8:1.

John

·
Registered
471 Posts
I put down 152, SAE, with nothing but a filter and a growler - that's it. It's time to open her up and fill her back up with some goodies. Gotta let these 09's remember who started this shit - lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey think this would work with my 04's mods?

yosh trs slip on
bmc street filter
secondaries removed

if so would love to try it [email protected]

have tried the dynojet euro yosh setup and dan kyles map with no real gains...think the stock mapping on the 04 rocked...

was pulling hard all stock with the tri oval, and now with the filter,flies removed and pc3 its not such a runner...thanks alot

·
Registered
17 Posts
just tried the dan kyle/ivans tre hybrid map and it works very well....best i have found yet...

still not much gain over stock map, but the powerband is smoother, stock map had a denfinate hit at midrange that was fun...do miss that...

am really thinking of ditching the pc3 and going back stock...

think the secondary flies removal is causing my poor low end power?
am thinking the ivans/dk hybrid map works well is due in part of my flies are removed and causing a rich condition at low rpm,same as the tre opening the secondarys sooner...so the tre map works well for me...

bike dosent seem to have great response...have 16t on front as well...wish there was a dyno near me so i could get it nailed spot on!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Have Akro slip and Can't find a good match on the PC site. Would love to give it a try [email protected]

Thanks!!

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
hey think this would work with my 04's mods?

yosh trs slip on
bmc street filter
secondaries removed

if so would love to try it [email protected]

have tried the dynojet euro yosh setup and dan kyles map with no real gains...think the stock mapping on the 04 rocked...

was pulling hard all stock with the tri oval, and now with the filter,flies removed and pc3 its not such a runner...thanks alot
I wouldn't think it'd help you much. I don't recall him saying he pulled the flies. You remember how much of a difference they made when you pulled them.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow, just got on the site today and see alot of you guys want my map. I have been buisy at work tring to put a school back togeather for the opening on 9/9/09, and haven't had time to surf. I will sen all of you my map tonight or tomarrow when I have some time. I would like some feed bck on what some of you think. It's killer on my bike, let me know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I guess you never had your bike mapped with the TRE?
My bike stumbles when I give it part throttle and I wonder if a custom map would fix this entirely or if I would need a TRE plus custom map to solve the problem completely.. I'm running a K&N air filter, and Yosh slip on.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.