Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2009/7/5/492559.html
:rip:
TAMPA, FL The motorcyclist, Philip Newcomb, died on the scene.
PINELLAS COUNTY (Bay News 9) -- A man was killed Saturday night when his motorcycle was hit by a car. According to reports, a car drove over the median on 54th Avenue N in St. Petersburg and hit a motorcycle driving in the opposite direction. The driver of the motorcycle, 41-year-old Philip Newcomb, died on the scene. Troopers said he was not wearing a helmet. The driver of the car, 31-year-old Robert E. Cooper, received minor injuries. Police said he was wearing his seatbelt at the time of the accident. So far no charges have been filed. Investigators have not said whether alcohol was a factor in the accident.

If you get to the website you can leave a comment on the article, I left one then read a few others and one guy wrote something along the lines of good riddance. So lets just say i commented again. :bash:

Also anyone ever heard of a "cager" not sure what that means.....??

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
RIP. That commenter should be tied to the end of my bike and dragged 1/4 mile, wearing only a pair of shorts- skin graphs for the rest of his life :mrgreen:. The term "cager" is for motorists that drive 4-wheels only, which separates riders that drive 4wheels but rather ride 2 all day.

·
Registered
6,521 Posts
what a tool... good riddance... no respect i tell ya :headshake.... ive been to florida, and all i have to say is this... those cagers in FL give us a run for our money up here in MA, they are crazy down there.

·
Registered
372 Posts
RIP to the biker, I'm sure his family is in a hard way right now... :headshake It kills me to hear what some ppl say about the biker community. some of us do act stupid now and again, but then some of us are civil and responsible drivers... none the less we are all human and have families, friends, and loved ones all the same as cagers. sad to hear that someone out there thinks that this 41 years young man's death was a deserving one based on him just being a "biker":headshake I don't wise the cager harm, but I do wish for him to one day learn the lesson that "bikers" are just the same as cagers...

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,477 Posts
:rip: fallen rider.

its still amazes me what people will say from a keyboard. some of those comments were not something his family and friends should have to endure.

i live in a helmet optional state and i wear my helmet everytime i ride. the state police here have also adopted a "start seeing motorcycles" program and there are huge banners up everywhere aswell as bumper stickers on most cruisers i see.

why this fella's life has to be tarnished in such a way makes me sick. my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends

·
Guilty by association
8,752 Posts
i always would wear a helmet if its the law to or not, but head on with a car makes almost no difference. sad news

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in St. Pete, and my friend was the first person to arrive at the scene (other than the driver who hit him). She is having a hard time dealing with his death, and didn't even know him. Imagine how the family feels. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. Everyone stay safe out there! I am an occasional rider, but my hubby races, so I have the utmost respect for bikers. I just wanted to put a post out there from a local, directly affected person's point of view.

And, yes, I agree the driver was likely drunk...or very tired. Not a busy street, but many lanes, and a cement median, not easy to cross. I feel for them too, because this mistake will be with him forever. So sad all the way around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.