Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Making the speedo read higher than 189..... did I figure it out?

Hey guys well I'm sitting here on my awesome Friday night at home alone doing nothing and I'm thinking about zx10r stuff and I really want to read higher than 189 on the speedo gauge.

so I was thinking if I can get a speedo healer and if it goes high enough I did the calculations and from kph to mph its 62.151% difference soooooo after I do all the simple mathematics I look on speedo healers website and it says they can do kph to mph conversions....

sooooo we can change out US spec gauges from mph to kph right.... what if we did that and ran the speedo healer to convert it for us?

would that work????? I did a quick search and didn't find much on this topic but I still would like to know if it would work.... if so I'll add that mod to the list of current ones lol....

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just went outside to the bike to to make sure you can change the speedo from mph to kph you can do that and change the temp from F to C

in case you wanna try it out you hold the mode button and then click the reset button and it will change between those 4 options.

I'm thinking about doing this, Id love to see actual speeds at high speed since I'm actually getting around to those 190+ speeds.

especially since Ive lost over 20 lbs so far!!!! on me not the bike....:cool:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I'm pretty sure this will do it.... has anyone tried this? I know some people have wanted to read higher not that most of the bikes here will do it the way they are geared but I was just a lil surprised no one else has brought this up or well I could have missed it but the speedo healer 3.0 has the conversion.... I'm running some different gearing and such all the time anways so i think this will defintly be in the investments to come....

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahahahah I have one.... I actually took the pumpkin on a 150 mile journey yesterday to jacksonville to go see her..... 188 dollar speeding ticket later and a tank full of gas i was there hahahah... was so tired last night stayed in the dorm and drove back in the morning.... hahahahaha.

some people dont know but im still just a kid hahahah im 22 (23 in feb) and shes 18 (19 in nov)

we both moved from west palm to goto school so shes in jax and im in orlando

ohhhhh the things we do sometimes..... lol

·
Registered
201 Posts
$188 dollars!?!?! How fast were you going?

22!!! You're still a pup!

As FAF said...You can change it to metric and also fudge the % numbers on your correction if you want. That will take you plenty over 189.....

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah im actually geared right to 189 but i think I can get in the lower 190's with my weight so far.

yeah was doin 83 in a 65.... they sent their nice new mustang after me.... they were all betting that i was gunna run... they had 3 bike cops ahead ready for me though :-/ was amazing how fast that stang got on my ass though!!!!! like they must seriously soop them up pretty decently.... he said this was the fastest car they have currently and they even sound sick!!! lol

its all good though... I'll have a court data and pleed no contest n hope they dont bash me for the points but I'll ask for community service as always.... IVe got a horrible driving record and ive paid the state way to much money so far so I'll take doing some work over 200 bux....

yes.... i know im a pup.... young n stupid more it seems lol

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can you just get a digital speedo gauge and connect it to your current speed signal?
yeah I'm sure that possible to but Id still want the factory gauge and I will need a speedo healer one of these days right lol....

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, well when I'm being real dumb sometimes i dont even notice a cop behind me if ya know what i mean......

I'm just I would never run from the police.... thats against the law!!!:nana:

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
22? shit Im only 18........ we have the charger cars around here but they still arnt fast enough... ive heard

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well maybe one day soon I'll try n hit up a sponsor to get me one for like 80 bux shipped or something and I'll get one. Id love to have accurate top speed runs on my bike like if I'm doing run after run and I know its spot on and I can do some changes and see the difference.... would be nice....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts