Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am stock bore and stroke and cant get away from 6.1x?? I am 10 over with 16 44 gears and cant get the bike to sixty to save its life. 1.5 is all I can get out of it. I still have yet to make a nitrous pass. Are any of you running a progressive controller? If so what are your settings? I'm just using a little 30 shot but havent got a pass with it yet. I made 160hp on motor and 200 on the bottle. I want in the 5's lol

·
Registered
772 Posts
I am stock bore and stroke and cant get away from 6.1x?? I am 10 over with 16 44 gears and cant get the bike to sixty to save its life. 1.5 is all I can get out of it. I still have yet to make a nitrous pass. Are any of you running a progressive controller? If so what are your settings? I'm just using a little 30 shot but havent got a pass with it yet. I made 160hp on motor and 200 on the bottle. I want in the 5's lol

dude i only made 165 on nos and i run mid 5.5x's. on close to the same setup.how much do you weigh? are you slipping the clutch or just throwing it away?what rpm are you leaving at?stock suspension?what kinda fuel?gimme a bit more info and ill try to help you out as much as i can

·
Registered
235 Posts
dude i only made 165 on nos and i run mid 5.5x's. on close to the same setup.how much do you weigh? are you slipping the clutch or just throwing it away?what rpm are you leaving at?stock suspension?what kinda fuel?gimme a bit more info and ill try to help you out as much as i can
I weigh 175 suited. I am slipping the clutch on stock suspension. I was running pump 93 gas. Rear shock was set at full stiff on both sides. Front strapped almost all the way down.

·
Registered
772 Posts
bike def needs more gear imo.if your running 1/8 on a zx10 you gota gear it too the moon if you wana leave on a stock motor.again what rpm are you leaving at?i wouldnt leave any lower than 8,500rpm.i always felt the suspension work better when i pulled the strap all the way tight and then just bump the release button to let it raise up just a tad.i rode a guys 10 that i had never rode before...i put a -3 +4 gear on it with no strap and stock shock,pc3 and full evo ti at 66 inches and run a 5.82 in 2 passes.not to mention the bike was a pos.these bikes will fly with the right gear.what part of alabama you live in?montgomery is 2 hours away from me,maybe we could meet and do some testing:thumbsup:

·
Registered
235 Posts
I live a little north of birmingham. Montgomery is about 2 or so hours from me also. I finally got my bike back together tonight and going to get retuned friday hopefully. I put a thin head gasket on and better valve springs and retainers. Also got the new clutch in. How much gear can I go without running out in the quarter? I'm thinking about going to a 46 on the rear.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I live a little north of birmingham. Montgomery is about 2 or so hours from me also. I finally got my bike back together tonight and going to get retuned friday hopefully. I put a thin head gasket on and better valve springs and retainers. Also got the new clutch in. How much gear can I go without running out in the quarter? I'm thinking about going to a 46 on the rear.
what is your MPH in the 1/4

·
Registered
860 Posts
You'll be fine w/ a 46. My bike is setup 15, 43 and barely has a little more mph than that. According to gearing commander your bike would do 153.7 geared 16,46 with a 190/50/17 @ 12750 rpms.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nice bike and good work at the track

·
Registered
772 Posts

should make for some good power now!im a 1/8 mile guy so i dont even feel comfortable voicing my opinion on 1/4.i do know you need to set your sights on one or the other,unless you wana spray everytime.ill hit you up in a few weeks when i head to the gump!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
should make for some good power now!im a 1/8 mile guy so i dont even feel comfortable voicing my opinion on 1/4.i do know you need to set your sights on one or the other,unless you wana spray everytime.ill hit you up in a few weeks when i head to the gump!!
I'll be around. Just let me know when you wanna go and I'll try my best to make it. I'm more then likely going to stick to 1/8th mile stuff. I got to make a trip down the road on mine tonight only to discover the radiator has a pin hole in the middle of the core. I need another radiator now :sad:

41 - 50 of 50 Posts