Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long winter of redoing the setup we are finally making some headway with this thing. with only 600 psi of bottle pressure slipping through the clutch on generic ass settings @ 62.5" I was able to qualify the #8 spot with an 8.52

I got some good information from a guy to cure the clutch issue that has been plaguing me from day 1 and have somthing up my sleve to regulate the nitrous pressure to about 950 where it needs to be. also going to change the gearing a lil bit and get my wheelbase closer to the 63" it is allowed.

here are a couple pics from the weekend as well as a video from eliminations

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/video/video.php?v=378218374514&ref=mf

·
Registered
860 Posts
Nice job. I hope you get that thing figured out this year. I was keepin an eye out for ya when I was watchin dragbikelive. Way to represent with the lone 10 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
683 Posts
What u running a 3mill kit in it ? Get with HTP Performance and they can tell you how to set the clutch up on it where it will hold....

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Good job and i see things are moving along and I know this will sound crazy but gsxr 1000 valve springs will help that cluthch and would love to see come out to a few of the mirock races ,some good guys with some good info

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good job and i see things are moving along and I know this will sound crazy but gsxr 1000 valve springs will help that cluthch and would love to see come out to a few of the mirock races ,some good guys with some good info
that is EXACTLY the clutch info I got at the last race. I found a set and am gonna be putting those in asap. along with getting it tuned for f18 XXX fuel, and bigger injecters :wink:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Careful with changing the injectors. If I remember correctly you aren't allowed to change them
they changed that rule last year. the busa guys were bitching. Might as well do it to say on the safe side a/f wise cause im just about out of injector on spray right now and with the new fuel we gotta increse flow by allmost 30%

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
You guys running a bottle heater? I don't know what that does for you with weight but in the car business you pretty much have to on bigger shops to try to help with pressure drop.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You guys running a bottle heater? I don't know what that does for you with weight but in the car business you pretty much have to on bigger shops to try to help with pressure drop.
we heat it with a torch to get it to around 1100 psi, but after sitting in staging it drops down a little bit and as soon as I purge it it drops to 600 psi. I have yet to see anyone do this but im gonna try this system. www.nanonitrous.com

1 - 20 of 50 Posts