Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sick of searching for a exhaust that looks just like the one on the ZX-RR so, I decided to make one myself. here's some pics I took tonight. It is not done yet, I need to polish it and do the heat color thing...

Tell me wath you guys think :eek:ccasion1

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motorcycle Auto part

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's currently 2" dia. and for the length.... I wanna bolt it to the rear foot peg...

it's currently a prototype and I will take any positive advice

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I say the same, and if your doing a one off exhaust with a gp impression on it; it def. needs to be at least 2.25" maybe 2.5" at certain points on it. I say make it shorter and get ride of your pre muffler box also, because as of right now your losing hp and torque without that stock can!!! Good luck just need to work out all the kinks and it will look good. But get rid of that pre muffler box so its striaght threw off the header and run a baffle kit or insert or something for back pressure...

http://www.sport-bike.org/detail.cf...ce=froogle&utm_medium=na&utm_campaign=froogle

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just made this little guy. for back pressure just adjust your butterfly. Homemade exhaust are the way to go...:eek:ccasion1

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
I say the same, and if your doing a one off exhaust with a gp impression on it; it def. needs to be at least 2.25" maybe 2.5" at certain points on it. I say make it shorter and get ride of your pre muffler box also, because as of right now your losing hp and torque without that stock can!!! Good luck just need to work out all the kinks and it will look good. But get rid of that pre muffler box so its striaght threw off the header and run a baffle kit or insert or something for back pressure...

http://www.sport-bike.org/detail.cf...ce=froogle&utm_medium=na&utm_campaign=froogle
Sounds like good advise all the way. X 2. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
641 Posts
sorry bro, it's fugly. being honest. but i appreciate the effort. i know what it's like to want to mod the bike yet not spend any money =)

·
Registered
987 Posts
imo the piping is to small, but great effort. its all trial and error. i cant wait to see what else you come up with

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Yeah I don't think so, not digging these home made exhausts or the aftermarket shorties for that matter but as long as your happy with the looks and sound who cares what we think. Instead of polishing it I'd suggest going with a high temp black paint or maybe a black header wrap.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thaks all for your comments...

you made me realize that my Prototype has some flaws.

what I really wanna do is something like this.

I will bypass the boom box, cancel the idea of fixin the pipe to the rear footpeg and add a baffle.

And don't worry, I only do this as a hobbie. As an Industrial Designers, I think it's a pretty good chalange.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just made this little guy. for back pressure just adjust your butterfly. Homemade exhaust are the way to go...
Bryan,
How do you know if you have the correct back pressure? What is the butterfly, what does it do, and where is it located??
Thanks

·
Registered
620 Posts
Just make sure you're not ending up on some Squid forum, and becomes a laughing stock for all of us.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Don't worry, I'll never hurt my 58 VOS.

What do you mean by "Sorry you don't own a Harley so do it right and be done with it."
You know what I mean. You have a nice bike and should go with the top made stuff. Being an engineer you should understand what these companys go through in the design process.
BTW
I'm down to two Studio's and one SL-3 Jackson. I just don't play much anymore because I'm to lazy and spend my slim to none extra cash on my bikes now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts