Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a new 08 zx10r and I was wondering at what mileage do I bring in a new bike for the recommended tune/check up?

Thanks,

D

·
Registered
332 Posts
Dealer told me I have to bring it in for the 600 mile service to maintain the warranty and after that I can do my own servicing

·
Registered
332 Posts
After the service today, If I were you I would by the service manual or watch you tube videos on how to do basic maintenance on your bike....If not the stealership will rape you for basic jobs such as an oil change. That is of course if I am assuming you dont know how. If wrong I apologize in advance.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Dealer told me I have to bring it in for the 600 mile service to maintain the warranty and after that I can do my own servicing
I did the 600 mile service on my own. My dealer never told me i had to bring it in to maintain the warranty. Is this hear say or do you have some kind of document that says that.:heyyou:

·
Registered
332 Posts
That's just what he told me....Bought it during the winter here in NYC so I havent came close to the 600 mile point to even worry about checking..Ill check the warranty info and let you know.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Am I required to take my Kawasaki vehicle to an authorized Kawasaki dealer for service and maintenance work?

No, but we request that you keep written records and receipts showing that the service and maintenance work has been performed according to the schedule of maintenance in your Owner's Manual.

already did, just pulled that right off the Kawasaki website. That was in the warranty section. You had me worried for a minute.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I guess that's why they call it a stealership than...Damn bums

·
Registered
393 Posts
both bikes I have owned that were Kawasaki were really easy to work on so, I did everything myself form day one. My 636 had 21,000 on it when i traded it in, and it still ran like new. never had it a dealer once. I had the extended warranty on my 636, but i never needed it once. I'm still debating on weather to buy the extended warranty are not. Will not be 1 year till October of 2011.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I only purchased mine because the wife says I cant buy another car or bike for a lllloooooonnnnggggggggg time. So I figured better to be safe than sorry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts