Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If its not one thing its another....
I finally get the bike running right...I am working on leaning the top out a little ....thanks to my new Wego 2 box I know the top is way rich...
Well,I am changing the map while the bike is running and send the new map...well everything cuts off...check all the fuses,all good. Got to be the 30amp main fuse...yep,sure was....I go to change it..blow another..
ANY IDEAS??? Dont want to just sit here and waste fuses..

Thanks
Russ

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
on1whl said:
If its not one thing its another....
I finally get the bike running right...I am working on leaning the top out a little ....thanks to my new Wego 2 box I know the top is way rich...
Well,I am changing the map while the bike is running and send the new map...well everything cuts off...check all the fuses,all good. Got to be the 30amp main fuse...yep,sure was....I go to change it..blow another..
ANY IDEAS??? Dont want to just sit here and waste fuses..

Thanks
Russ
So, does it blow the fuse when you just turn the key in the ignition to "ON" or when you hit the starter button?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fuse

It blows with the ignition off and key turned off...fuse pops as soon as it touches the connections...
??????????

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
on1whl said:
It blows with the ignition off and key turned off...fuse pops as soon as it touches the connections...
??????????
Take the main connector off from the Ignition switch harness(might have to remove the left upper side panel) then see if the fuse blows....if not remove the ECU fuse(after first installing the Ignition switch connector back) and see if it still blows a fuse...you don't need a 30 amp fuse since you are not starting anything, but it seems you have a major short somewhere...the key is to find out on what circuit/circuits.:badteeth:

one other thing..there is no better troubleshootig than a good over all inspection of the bikes connectors and wires.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed

Thanks Blue Devil...I think one of the wires was pinched or something...
I took all the wiring out of the front and the radiator reserve was pinching a wiring harness and must have been the problem...I ran it in front of it and no more fuse blowing and starts right up...

The littlest things cause the biggest problems...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts