Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if this is "seeable" Broadcast? When or Where?

I just saw some chatter, said it was hairball like Isle of Man Hairball.

John McGuinnes is qualified #7 Other than That, I got nothin

Sounds like this weekend is Race Time though.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,727 Posts
So we have our full WSBK spec Zed X's out there and we still can not beat BSB spec bikes, pathetic. 2nd and 3rd, I guess thats the best we could do.

Earlier this year PBM brought a couple of WSBK spec Zed X's to a BSB weekend with Brock Parkes and Sheridan Mories on them and they could not even win the BSB round. We got some serious work to do.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
ive never seen that before, wow that is some amazing racing.

·
Registered
842 Posts
So we have our full WSBK spec Zed X's out there and we still can not beat BSB spec bikes, pathetic. 2nd and 3rd, I guess thats the best we could do.

Earlier this year PBM brought a couple of WSBK spec Zed X's to a BSB weekend with Brock Parkes and Sheridan Mories on them and they could not even win the BSB round. We got some serious work to do.
:dontknow::dontknow:

I can't agree with U.... If you are watching WSBK and BSB...then you have to know that BSB is veryyyy strong Championship !! i will dear to say one that is closest to WSBK..

Donigton 2008 ..Tom Sykes on Rizla Suzuki BSB spec bike finshed second ...behind Bayliss , race 2 Cal Crutclow finished second on BSB Bike.

One can say....ok it's on british track... but final race of season Portimao 08..
1.Troy Bayliss
2.Cal Crutchlow
3.Leon Haslam
4.Jonathan Rea

I think that after long long time Kawi is back on pace... ok this season they got a bad luck with injuries... but next year they will be in top 8 for sure..

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
I hope your right tomsa, especially now considering that kawi has dumped almost everything to focus on SBk.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that was a good race, why do you think the british are good at road racing but shit at moto gp level?

Good question, A brit that knows the history of the racers and race organizations would/should explain this.

I have a very strong suspicion, that some Brits develop on back roads and into Isle of Man, and Scottish 200, and Macau GP. And others start and develop on tracks.

As to your question, I'd also like to know. Is financial backing, lacking for a Brit rider, as compared to an Italian or Spanish rider?

·
Registered
13 Posts
i think your spot on the roads are tight and twisty in uk with some excellent back roads where the riders have developed there skills but i think its easier to ride fast on a track than the twisty back roads i ride for a bit of fun in uk, so you would think it would be easier for these guys who do the road races, because lets face it if they crash out they are in trouble unlike moto gp where most of the time its into grass or gravel, so you think you could push the bike a bit harder and faster.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think your spot on the roads are tight and twisty in uk with some excellent back roads where the riders have developed there skills but i think its easier to ride fast on a track than the twisty back roads i ride for a bit of fun in uk, so you would think it would be easier for these guys who do the road races, because lets face it if they crash out they are in trouble unlike moto gp where most of the time its into grass or gravel, so you think you could push the bike a bit harder and faster.

Have you done anything special to your bike to work better on the backroads? And...What do you Ride? What tires do you favor?

·
Registered
286 Posts
My opinion - brit riders dont do well in Moto GP due to 2 reasons.

1. Most come from WSBK which isnt that close to Moto GP.

2. The pressure gets to them as being the only brit they have to perform and with all the pressure they cant succeed.

If they did the 125cc, 250cc route they would do a lot better. Not many brits have done that, they've come straight from WSBK being champions and felt distinctively average in Moto GP.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,727 Posts
:dontknow::dontknow:

I can't agree with U.... If you are watching WSBK and BSB...then you have to know that BSB is veryyyy strong Championship !! i will dear to say one that is closest to WSBK..

Donigton 2008 ..Tom Sykes on Rizla Suzuki BSB spec bike finshed second ...behind Bayliss , race 2 Cal Crutclow finished second on BSB Bike.

One can say....ok it's on british track... but final race of season Portimao 08..
1.Troy Bayliss
2.Cal Crutchlow
3.Leon Haslam
4.Jonathan Rea

I think that after long long time Kawi is back on pace... ok this season they got a bad luck with injuries... but next year they will be in top 8 for sure..
I actually watched quite a bit of BSB, and I can agree BSB is probalby the second best production bike series in the world right now behind WSBK, the bikes (more than riders) are not quite up to the same spec as the WSBK machines, thats kinda what i was getting at, if Kawasaki WSBK (Paul Byrd Motorsports) put the best bikes they could spec up againt the BSB spec bikes at this Macua GP and could still not win, we might be in trouble . Although I have to admit these were probably the 09 Season WSBK bikes and not next years machines. Lets hope the money the Factory is going to be throwing at PBM that we can be semi competitive, shit I would be happy with top five, top ten, at least it would give me something to route for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
set up

Have you done anything special to your bike to work better on the backroads? And...What do you Ride? What tires do you favor?
3rd gen 10r the suspension is set up the same as fast bikes mag long term bike which is a mag over here in the uk and ive stuck with the corsa 3 tyres just now think there ok might go for bridgestones 016 the next time

1 - 14 of 14 Posts