Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie member here! I've been a lurker on the site for a while now and know that all of you guys stay up to date on ur info and i appreciate all the hlep.

I just recently picked up a 2012 10R (green and black) and need to get rid of the nasty stock can. The M4 street slayer has caught my eye and wondered what you guys thought of it overall. I had a M4 GP pipe on my 09 6r and loved it, so I assume this product will be of equal quality.

Thanks in advance for the input.:mrgreen:

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/images/InitialSet/m4_kawasaki_zx10r_1112_streetslayer_600.jpg

·
Registered
399 Posts
the slayer is nice and a little quieter than the m4 gp, mounts almost identical to the gp style one too. If I were you I would go with the gp style if your looking to save a buck. You will lose about 12 pounds of weight!!! you have to be careful with the servo, cause if you disconnect it you need the servo eliminator, but if you undo the cables off the servo and shimmy them off there will be no need for a servo buddy, hence save yourself some more money!!!!!
Also if you want a nice exhaust and are looking to spend the same as much as the slayer price go with the graves slip on. Eliminates cat and sounds great but not as loud as the m4, purrs great when you open it up though. you really don't need a full system the header is of good quality just like a race header.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That and I really like that the gen 4 comes stock with titanium headers. Almos eliminates the need for a full pipe. A titanium slip on should be equivalent.

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
I was going to say that you can do better. But I'm not.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If anyone has pics of the Street Slayer installed in their bike, I would like to see them. The pics on the M4 website are pretty limited.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was going to say that you can do better. But I'm not.
Again, define doing better? Seriously, what is it about the exhaust you're running vs. the M4 that's better? I'm genuinely curious since I'm interested in the M4. You and Wesley have both indicated there are better exhausts, so what are we missing? :dontknow:

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Again, define doing better? Seriously, what is it about the exhaust you're running vs. the M4 that's better? I'm genuinely curious since I'm interested in the M4. You and Wesley have both indicated there are better exhausts, so what are we missing? :dontknow:
Hold up Rickey. I never said anything. Please re read post and get at me dog.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hold up Rickey. I never said anything. Please re read post and get at me dog.
Names not Rickey (do you actually spell that name with an e?) and I'm not sure what "get at me dog" means either. Since you inferred you had an opinion, but chose to close the post with "But I'm not." I assumed you were being nice. Just looking for facts before I pull the trigger on a slip on of my own. Sorry, didn't mean to get at you dog.

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Names not Rickey (do you actually spell that name with an e?) and I'm not sure what "get at me dog" means either. Since you inferred you had an opinion, but chose to close the post with "But I'm not." I assumed you were being nice. Just looking for facts before I pull the trigger on a slip on of my own. Sorry, didn't mean to get at you dog.
Lol. You had me going brah.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
If you like that model look at the Graves slip on. Great quality and proven HP gains. I'm running the Graves full system and love it. Better midrange than the stock system. Nothing wrong with the M4, but I've heard they're pretty loud. A lot of guys on here think you should spend $1100 on an Austin Racing slip on. Its all personal preference. I didn't like the look of the Graves as well as some, but I was able to buy a full system for a little more than an Akra slip on with cat delete would cost, or an Austin slip on. For me it came down to performance/$$$ not so much appearance. YMMV.

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
If you like that model look at the Graves slip on. Great quality and proven HP gains. I'm running the Graves full system and love it. Better midrange than the stock system. Nothing wrong with the M4, but I've heard they're pretty loud. A lot of guys on here think you should spend $1100 on an Austin Racing slip on. Its all personal preference. I didn't like the look of the Graves as well as some, but I was able to buy a full system for a little more than an Akra slip on with cat delete would cost, or an Austin slip on. For me it came down to performance/$$$ not so much appearance. YMMV.
Austin racing is about 800.00 not 1100.00. For 1100.00 no doubt full system would be in the cards.

·
Registered
145 Posts
perfectly happy with my m4,fit,finish is great,sound is a little loud but it is a deep tone,made good power.if you remove the cat there is not 1or2 horse differance in any of these slipon's. price is fair,good quality,i would give it an a+!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts