Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So I'm really wanting exhaust cuz I just hit 1k miles yesterday and stock exhaust sounds like ass imo. I like the m4 gp sound (I think it looks a little bit cheap but oh well) but I'm also a little low on cash. I have the money for the slip on but my buddy said to wait until I have the money for a pcv or bazzaz because you have to tune it after slip on install. Is this correct or would I be ok running just the slip on for a little bit?? Thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
If u jus add a slip on your fine....u can tune it or add a power commander if u want to sqeeze all the hp out your bike but jus addin a slip on wont hurt anything itll help your bike look n sound better

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
The bike will be fine without it. I have a couple bike friends that refuse to put a PCV or Bazzaz on their bike because they are out to lunch lol, and they have beaten the poss out of their bikes with mods and no computer.

Personally I would get a filter and slip-on and have it tuned to maximize the potential of the bike as well as make it run better.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
I'd say get the Street Slayer over the GP.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
I actually like the street slayer a lot more but I was worried that it wasn't loud enough?.....
It's plenty loud. The GP is obnoxiously loud.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just ordered the street slayer. I hope it's loud enough!

·
Registered
34 Posts
So just getting a slip on and link pipe to eliminate the cat is ok?
I thought that without a tune or other engine management that it was bad for the motor because of running too lean or too rich?

Is this true or false?

Is this true for all bikes or just the Gen4?

I want an exhaust but since I'm not planning to dyno tune I dont plan on getting a bazzaz or PCV.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,059 Posts
So just getting a slip on and link pipe to eliminate the cat is ok?
I thought that without a tune or other engine management that it was bad for the motor because of running too lean or too rich?

Is this true or false?

Is this true for all bikes or just the Gen4?

I want an exhaust but since I'm not planning to dyno tune I dont plan on getting a bazzaz or PCV.
Repeat after me...."slip-ons don't require retuning".

Doesn't matter what bike it is. If you don't retune it though, the only real benefits are noise and weight loss. You're not gonna screw up your motor running just an exhaust.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey. Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I'm currently runningthe m4 street slayer, ivans wire mod, pcv, autotune, and -1/+2 gears. The bike is unbelievable. Only problem is backfiring..... im ordering smog blockoff plates this week. Lol the bike power wheelies at 70mph in second so I'd say it's running pretty good.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Im running the street slayer without a pcv but with Ivans wire mod and the fueling is terrible. Transition from off throttle to on it jerks which is twitchy when your mid corner. Ive been told its due to lean conditions so Im going to order one too.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Hey. Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I'm currently runningthe m4 street slayer, ivans wire mod, pcv, autotune, and -1/+2 gears. The bike is unbelievable. Only problem is backfiring..... im ordering smog blockoff plates this week. Lol the bike power wheelies at 70mph in second so I'd say it's running pretty good.
It will power in 3rd around 90ish, 4th, 115ish....:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts