Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im looking for a gp style slip on for my 07 10r and im not having much luck.
i did however find a m4 gp style for an 08-10 model that looks like it would fit just right.. would there be any mods other than some body work that would have to be done? and can it have any negative performance affects on the bike also?? has any body done somthing like this??????

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive read it but im not too in to the look of the comp exhaust. i'd like to keep the slip on as short as possible and the m4 looks good but would it work on an 07??????

·
Registered
138 Posts
im not sure, definitely would need some fairing modification. i would be sure that the 08 slip-on diameter will match that of the stock 2nd gen exhuast, and also make sure you have no swingarm clearance issues as they are different as well. other than that i should think it would be fairly simple to do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
funny thing is i was interested in doing this aswell. i was more looking into the 08 zx6 m4 gp exhausts. they have more of a bend in them it seems so it would get out to the side of the bike. but as far as diameters go and being sure about this i dont kno. i havent been ballsy enough to spend 350 or a m4 gp and give it a shot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i got the m4 exhaust and it looks ok, i had to modify the mounting bracket to make it work and i also ground down some of the swing arm by about an eighth of an inch for more clearance but the mounting bracket keeps the exhaust away from the swing arm for the most part. i set vmy power commander to a different map for a shorter exhaust cuz the m4 wasnt in it for maps, it seems fine but ill have to see later this year i might get it on the dyno at a local shop. so im happy with it and its just the look that i wanted , ill post some pice later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
so let me guess... u used a 3rd gen zx10 m4 slip on?... that is definetly not what i want to do... to hacked up for me no offence but half ur lower cowl is missing in the back. i was thinking of a 08 zx6 m4 slip on? in the pictures everwhere u can buy them it seems to have more of a bend in the pip to get it out from under the bike with stock headers n cat. but im curious on the diameter of a stock zx6 piping? anyone kno for sure what the measurements are? the 3rd gen zx10 pipes appear to be pretty much straight. which would make sence bc that big ass boom box on the side is already offset to the side of the bike.

so if anyone has a 08 ish zx6 and has pipe measurements that would be great. bc its not worth cutting half my brand new 1 piece lower cowl.. just doesnt seem worth it. id rather spend the extra cash and go witha race fit growler that takes minor body cutting and minor cutting of the useless swingarm heat shield

1 - 11 of 11 Posts