Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about doing a full exhaust system. When i saw this m4 gp full I really liked the positioning of the muffler. But i want to put a pcv and an autotune on also. Looking to see if anybody out there has this system on their bikes, if it has an oxygen sensor bung and if they like the sound from stage 1 baffle or if stage 2 is better. I like to sneak home early in morning sometimes and would not want certain people to hear me coming. Also doing [email protected] filter. I was interested in the numbers that i would come up with for that setup. If anybody is running this pipe, let me know. I'd like to go -1+2 also for extra kick in the ass.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I was thinking about doing a full exhaust system. When i saw this m4 gp full I really liked the positioning of the muffler. But i want to put a pcv and an autotune on also. Looking to see if anybody out there has this system on their bikes, if it has an oxygen sensor bung and if they like the sound from stage 1 baffle or if stage 2 is better. I like to sneak home early in morning sometimes and would not want certain people to hear me coming. Also doing [email protected] filter. I was interested in the numbers that i would come up with for that setup. If anybody is running this pipe, let me know. I'd like to go -1+2 also for extra kick in the ass.
Great exhaust..looks good...sounds great... İ hit 171bhp with a m4 gp full system and k and N airfilter on my gen 3.

İf you dont want to be heard thou, look elsewhere:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
the stage II insert will rob you of power, stage I depends on bike....

best power is made with no insert, like a cork in your exhaust

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Great exhaust..looks good...sounds great... İ hit 171bhp with a m4 gp full system and k and N airfilter on my gen 3.

İf you dont want to be heard thou, look elsewhere:thumbsup:
That is a decent increase. Did you have a custom map done? I was thinking of doing pcv since they already have a map made for that configuration. I know it's not like having a custom map done but I would also get autotune to tweak it for my specific bike. Thanks for the reply. I will be picked it up hopefully sometime soon here. Does it have a spot for o2 sensor?

·
Registered
994 Posts
The inserts rob ALL your power, the idle will sound horrible (with stage 1 or 2 inserts in). And if your wanting to be sneaky, you do not want this exhaust.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Great exhaust; well made, nice sound, decent power output, and looks sharp. There will be no sneaking home unless you kill the bike a full block before and coast into the driveway lol. Inserts are no good; they rob you of power and the sound changes very little, so they're not worth it. Send your ECU off to Guhl and he'll flash it with a custom M4 map that will take off all the factory restrictions and increase your hp by 10-18. Get titanium! Everyone gets black :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great exhaust; well made, nice sound, decent power output, and looks sharp. There will be no sneaking home unless you kill the bike a full block before and coast into the driveway lol. Inserts are no good; they rob you of power and the sound changes very little, so they're not worth it. Send your ECU off to Guhl and he'll flash it with a custom M4 map that will take off all the factory restrictions and increase your hp by 10-18. Get titanium! Everyone gets black :)
Will the M4 map change timing and when the secondaries open too? I've been trying to read up on what everyone does to their bikes here and i've seen these two things that everyone says helps out with performance. Where is Guhl located and is there a website? Tx for the help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The inserts rob ALL your power, the idle will sound horrible (with stage 1 or 2 inserts in). And if your wanting to be sneaky, you do not want this exhaust.
I guess being sneaky is wishful thinking. I just sick of being profiled and messed with by "certain people".:BangHead:

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
The inserts will rob you power, but how often do you need full power? I mean, they are easy enoughto take off that if you go to the track or something you can take them off then.

I want to get one of those to install on my 1st gen

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Will the M4 map change timing and when the secondaries open too? I've been trying to read up on what everyone does to their bikes here and i've seen these two things that everyone says helps out with performance. Where is Guhl located and is there a website? Tx for the help.
Yeah, a reflash will change the timing, open the butterflys, increase the rev limit, and increase hp by 10-18 average. It's probably one of the best mods you can do and it's worth every penny. I can't remember Guhl's number and I don't have time to look it up, but if you search for a member named Garth, he has multiple posts on Guhl's reflash and he'll know the number.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, a reflash will change the timing, open the butterflys, increase the rev limit, and increase hp by 10-18 average. It's probably one of the best mods you can do and it's worth every penny. I can't remember Guhl's number and I don't have time to look it up, but if you search for a member named Garth, he has multiple posts on Guhl's reflash and he'll know the number.[/QUOTE

Nice...I will search for Garth. Tx for all the info.

·
Registered
349 Posts
That is a decent increase. Did you have a custom map done? I was thinking of doing pcv since they already have a map made for that configuration. I know it's not like having a custom map done but I would also get autotune to tweak it for my specific bike. Thanks for the reply. I will be picked it up hopefully sometime soon here. Does it have a spot for o2 sensor?
İ had have the full system so dont know about an o2 sensor :dontknow:

İ did have a custom map made for my bike on a dyno thou. İf your going with a full system and secondaries mod İ would def recommend a custom tune...

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
A reflash will get you around 93-95% accurate. A custom tune using a power commander or bazzaz will get you the rest. I am personally ok without the tune, but that is just me. Some guys are high strung on getting a fuel controller, while others say a reflash is good enough. If you're a track junky, do it all! If you're just a street guy like who rides his bike to class and work everyday, a reflash is plenty :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts