Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

LVMS on 9-9-07 anyone going?

954 views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Felix el gato 
#1 ·
Is anyone riding LVMS on Sept. 9 with Fastrack? I am all signed up. I will be praying for a nice cool day.:mrgreen: 100 degree trackdays get old real quick.

#6 ·
I am in all signed up players :thumbsup: I have one other coming he is signing up tonight. I hope I don't do what I did last time. I am gonna work on some drills for this event no going to try and ride over my head :dontknow:

#7 ·
I wanted to see what you guys think of where to pitt. Lets try to pitt at or close to turn 1 its never that crowded kinda far from tech but well worth it. What do you guys say?

#10 ·
Level 3 for me

#13 · (Edited)
Recap of the event. I always enjoy riding with JP an Todd (omegaX) and meeting Ripper. Right when we left we decide to watch the long straight on the back and this guy was duking it out with two other riders coming in to the turn when he paniced and gave up on trying to make the turn. He stood the bike up locked the rear in the dirt then highsided into the wall going about 30 mph or 40 mph just a guess it was crazy watching that. Scray for sure. He got up after 10 mins boy he was lucky and the bike looked to be ok.

As for the day I just couldn't run near the laptimes I was able to with my gsxr 600. I was 4 sec slower on the RC51. O well I still can't tell you how much fun this bike is to ride because it just handles so damn well. I also was overheating all day with the RC51 the engine temp was reading 255 + after two laps on every session. So I was forced to ride it up a gear and try to take it easy. I know I could throw some money at it an make it better but not sure thats what I really want to do. I am leaning towards maybe selling it and going for a new 600 or 750. I just can't keep up unless I gear it down buy a PCIII and new slip-ons. I know I could sell it or trade it in and get a new ZX6R or even a CBR600RR 07 models. Just not sure whats the best thing to do.

Attachments

#14 ·
Since It was my first time on that track...and I missed the orientation laps

at 9 am, I pretty much followed kneedragger most of my sessions...:mrgreen:

Track is ok but I still prefer Pahrump: more traction, more runoff, awesome

scenery.

Also the drive from LA (560 mi. total) SUCKS asss..

Attachments

#15 · (Edited)
had a great time and it was good to get to meet some of the fellas (felix, omega, kneedragger). for whatever reason there were more crashes then any trackday i've been to before. i almost got taken out twice. first session of the day a cbr cuts to the inside of me on one of the tight turns and highsides. i barely miss him by a couple feet. then i catch my boot on one of the tight lefts and nearly depart my front end. i was able to straighten it up and ride through the dirt without laying it down but damn, there was a lot of drama.

as for my brakes upgrade and the performance of my new nissin calipers/mc/braided lines/sintered pads, absolute butter. i definately felt more comfortable going in to turns and trail braking with a lot more speed than the last track day with the stocker brakes. also was digging the bit more umph down low out of the turns with my new gipro/atre. neet gizmo but my bike is still geared way too tall. going to need to drop a tooth up front at least for the next time out.

overall had a great time and hope to do it again soon.

Attachments

#17 ·
had a great time and it was good to get to meet some of the fellas (felix, omega, kneedragger)..... neet gizmo but my bike is still geared way too tall. going to need to drop a tooth up front at least for the next time out.
Nice meeting you..If you're up for mo' track I would go -1 +2 with a 520

conversion, "feels" like a gain of 5-7 hp....

Been using that gearing on all tracks here in SoCal and NV.

:mrgreen:

#19 ·
Speedo healer: don't recall where I got it from...forum sponsor is all good..

Chain: I like the 520 DID ERV3 (gold), comes as 120 links, on the '05, stock

chain is 112 links, if you're going +2 rear add 2 links so cut @114 links (for

an '05), dunno if 06-07's chain are same lenght....also it adds wheelbase

which is good for 130 mph sweepers :badteeth:

Sprockets: front: AFAM

rear: Driven (avail. in a bunch of colors).

:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.