Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In July I read thru so many zx10 posts until my eyes could go no more. Then I took the leap and found my bike on eBay, a 2008 zx10 (4700 miles),:thumbsup: full Akra, pc3, quick sprockets, michelin power ct's NEW, took off the Racing Toyz rear extension, loved the 2" lowering job, and added Heli Bars, ss front brake lines, and took off 3/4" off the kick stand. Sold my 2001 FZ1 and with those $$$$, the deal cost me $4600. i am just now comfortable with corners (quicker) and working into the green tach zone. At 69, I figure this will be my last chance to have a real sport bike.

Thanks to all you genius zx10 guys and girls for the info that turned me from lurker to sport rider. Oh, it's black, too. george:thumbsup:

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
Hey man, :welcome: .... 69 eh? wow thats awesome!!! :thumbsup:

Im 15 minutes or so from Athens, just off 316, near Winder. I dont get down that way much, but maybe Ill see ya 'round.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ride?

i live just off 316 (jimmie daniel in jennings mill) actually bogart/oconee co.
give me a call 706-559-4715. george:hello:

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
i live just off 316 (jimmie daniel in jennings mill) actually bogart/oconee co.
give me a call 706-559-4715. george:hello:
Yeah man, Ill call you. I just have cut my chain off, and Im changing the sprockets tomorrow. Gonna change the oil, coolant, and tires also first of the week, so Im out of commission for a few days, but I should have it all done by the end of the week. Take it easy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
guitarplyr: i've got a vortex front sprocket #2910-16 kaw frt 525 16t used for about 6 wks. if it saves you $$, great. call me, i deliver. george 706-559-4715

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
guitarplyr: i've got a vortex front sprocket #2910-16 kaw frt 525 16t used for about 6 wks. if it saves you $$, great. call me, i deliver. george 706-559-4715
Hey George,

I really appreciate the offer, but I got all the parts I need. Right now Ive got all the fairings and the wheels off. Ive got to get tires mounted and the chain pressed on and Ill be set. planning on doing that Monday. You dont by chance have a rivet press do ya? I hate to have to load the bike up and take it to a shop to get them to press it, but thats what Im planning on doing, instead of buying a tool that I may never need again.

Once I get it all together, Ill give you a call.

Thanks again

Dustin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts