Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, any of you folks running the Lucas m/c oil. I am thinking about switching to it in my 07 ZX10 that i use for drag racing. What weight are you guys running. i am currently running the kawa oil in it think its 10w-40.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have never used it my self but I sell a lot of it at work 10-40 and 20-50. I now use Motul 300V.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can get a decent deal on it so that was the reason i thought about switching over but i wasn't sure what would be the best since they make a full or semi synthetic

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
no idea about it. I'm running royal purple right now and going to try amsoil next. I say if you can get a deal on syn oil I doubt you can go wrong. Unless it's made in china or something.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Lucas oil is absolute crap. Don't use it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everything i read about Lucas and did try some of there stuff i was happy with the results but never tried it in a bike. So is it better to stay with a semi or a full synthetic with these clutches.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Forget the oil discussion... I just want to know WHO that chickee is in JLG's sig... hommina hommina hommina...

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
www.bobistheoilguy.com

Search their forums.

Personally, I won't use the stuff. Any company that markets motor oil, and simultaneously markets oil additives that are supposed to make the oil better, is not playing nice. They also have played the same "meets or exceeds" game without actually obtaining certification that Amsoil does (another oil brand that I won't use).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts