Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I'm getting my bike ready for "breakup" (Alaska's name for Spring), and I've read in several places that the steering head bearings and swing arm should be lubed as the factory tends to be skimpy on the grease in these areas. Has anyone done this and is what I am reading correct. Did a search on the "how to" and it doesn't seem too bad of a job, but if I don't need to do it.....

In addition, what do you use to get the torque right on the head nuts (socket or something else)?

As always, I look forward to gleaning from the corporate wisdom.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Youre bike is probably a little too young to worry about lubing the head bearings, but they are worth tweaking up, a couple of years ago there was a thread I had a lot of input in ,on how to calculate the torque using the Kawaski Spanner.I dont think it has to be as scientific as Kawaski state, the preload can be done by feel to get the torque correct.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Youre bike is probably a little too young to worry about lubing the head bearings, but they are worth tweaking up, a couple of years ago there was a thread I had a lot of input in ,on how to calculate the torque using the Kawaski Spanner.I dont think it has to be as scientific as Kawaski state, the preload can be done by feel to get the torque correct.
I'd be interested in reading this thread.

Maybe someone can dig up a link or something...if it's still around.:dontknow:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts