Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know anything about this FI box by LP? They are making it for the 2006 ZX-10. The website description is as follow:

LP Fuel Injection Controller M+ by Dynatek 2006

The new LP Fuel Injection Controller M+ by Dynatek is a plug in module that offers the user up to 10 selectable fuel maps; 1- base map for a stock engine, 2 – slip-on map, and 3 – a full system map, that are designed to improve engine performance and throttle response. Maps 4 -10 are designed for specific full exhaust systems. It can also be adjusted to suit a wide variety of modifications. These adjustments are made via 3 potentiometers that adjust the fuel curve in the proper ranges (-20% to +20% low, mid and high rpm) for the application. Fuel mixture can be enriched or leaned as required. The LP Dynatek FI Controller uses the factory connectors for easy installation and there is no PC required for tuning or adjusting the fuel curves. There are no modifications to the stock ECU and removing the LP Dynatek FI controller returns the vehicle to the factory configuration.
LP%20Fuel%20Injection%20Controller%20M%20by%20Dynatek.gif

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
there is no PC required for tuning or adjusting the fuel curves.
This worries me.

·
Registered
370 Posts
That's something like that cheap-a** techlusion box..... Get a power commander & be done with it....

·
Registered
146 Posts
Well one thing thats a plus over the fuel nanny is that this unit lets you lean out the mixture. Techlusion and the cobra box only allow you to add fuel. It will interesting to see how this works. Has Marc (factory) finished up his fueling devices yet?

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
Perhaps it doesn't need a laptop, but said laptop gives the PowerCommander a lot more mapping flexibility than this. Come on, 3 potentiometers? With a PowerCommander you can set individual points on the speed/load map.

I think the PowerCommander and a laptop is still the right way to do this job.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
:+1:

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
GoFaster said:
Perhaps it doesn't need a laptop, but said laptop gives the PowerCommander a lot more mapping flexibility than this. Come on, 3 potentiometers? With a PowerCommander you can set individual points on the speed/load map.

I think the PowerCommander and a laptop is still the right way to do this job.
If there a big enough price difference between the PC and this box, and this box doesn't suffer from slow processing or anything of that nature, it would most likely be a good alternative for most riders.

How many of us are running a downloaded map? That's basically the same as the presets on this box. The three pots give you the ability to make some coarse adjustments. The PC has this same feature.

I'd wager the vast majority of PC owners don't fiddle with individual cells and if they do, how many are making real gains. Remember, I'm talking about the average rider. Not the hard core give me every last posible HP rider.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
Actually, the average rider will do just as well to do NOTHING and leave the darn thing alone. I have. It works, so I don't F with it, that's what I say.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Ya gotta point there. Although, I have gone back and forth with the TRE. I definately prefer the feel of having a TRE on my 04. It removes the on/off feel of the throttle. Using the TRE dictates removing fuel down low. A PC or this box would accomplish that. But as always... just one coonass' opinion

·
Registered
145 Posts
TC24 said:
Custom map's the only way to go.
Yup. We had three ZX10's in my garage and tested the airbox temp sensors, water temp sensors and the atmospheric sensor in the tail. All were in kinda in spec - but at different ends of the specs. We did this before dyno tuning the PCIIIs on two of them and before I was going to fiddle with the sensor outputs on mine directly. The two PCIII bikes had downloaded maps for the slip-ons (all three with Muzzy Ti) and mine was stock EFI. All three bikes have ported heads with stock systems and a squish of .8mm. I know the heads are the same since I did them. When we raced, I would consistently pull both of them from a 2nd gear 70mph roll to something near top end. When I say pull, I mean barely (like two bikes max at 180+) I was accused of keeping the best head for my bike:dontknow:

After the dyno tuning at a semi reputable shop, the two PCIII bikes ended up with different maps (I expected that) and ran neck and neck. Then I got to run them again and now I found myself drafting just to keep up.

Note: all riders are racers or X-racers as well, know how to shift and tuck perfectly, weigh within 10 pounds of each other, used only BP Amoco 93 octane fuel with the tanks full, BMC race filters, roadrace suspension settings and all three bikes use Pirelli Super Corsa Pros with 38 psi in the rear for these tests, yada yada yada.

I upped the fuel in mine via resistance changes to the water and air temp sensors. Now I'm pulling those guys again about a bike a gear. I still have that annoying mild tinkeling deto at very low rpms and light throttle settings. The global fuel change I made helped very little that area. I may have to go to a PCIII to fix that or play with the TPS and fool the computer into thinking the throttle load is a bit more than it really is. The moral of this story? Again, very similar bikes with different maps due to sensor variance. Plus the dyno operator didn't richen up the other two bikes up enough for best WOT power.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts