Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mmk well i wanted to purchase some lowering links for my bike so i can lower it mayb a inch and a half. My question is how much is this going to affect the handling on the bike? I have herd different things from many people but just curious if anyone has lowered there bike this much and have some feedback from stock?? thanks.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Lowered the rear of mine 1.25. I haven't done a track day yet but as far as street riding can't really tell a difference. More comfortabe for me though not as much pressure on the wrist.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Mine bike sits pretty much flat, to me i feel no diff.(handling) except the weight off my arms/wrist/balls

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i want to lower it cus im a short little fucker lol, if i get lowering links should i drop the front equal to or lower then what i lower the rear with the links?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
i want to lower it cus im a short little fucker lol, if i get lowering links should i drop the front equal to or lower then what i lower the rear with the links?
as close as you can drop the front to equal the rear, the bike will handle the same but you will loose ground clearance of course but over all it will still handle like stock.

bloo

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok cool thanks guys!! and yeah im short as hell and lowering the bike will make easier parking lot trips lmao, also any tips on which lowering links to buy? or are they all generally the same?

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
I lowered my 636 and 600RR...Each with close dynamics to stock...Meaning 1 inch rear and 1 inch front if I could...636 was 1.25 rear...My 10R is just lowered 5mm up front and I shaved the seat...People think flat footing both feet is a must...It is not. I am only 5'7"...Lower the front and then do the rear...If you must get some links that will lower your bike 1 inch rear and drop front 1 inch...Then shave down your seat. I shaved my seat and I have black chrome vinyl on it.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I will have a used set of vortex lowering links hopefully by the end of the week. Raising mine back to stock height and shaving my seat. Will sell'em to you for a hella deal just let me know if interested.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Not trying to bust in on superman's deal... But I suggest getting a set of Naarden speedlinks. I have a set of them on my 10 and love them. They are a turnbuckle style setup and can be lowered to whatever you want. They can be adjusted by breaking the locknuts on each side of the link loose and spinning the entire link. They are more expensive than your standard lowering link, but the full adjustability is worth it.... plus they seem to be a heavier duty link to me. I lowered my front and rear about the same and my bike handles just as good to me as it did when it was higher up. I believe I came down approximately 1.5 inches on front and rear. If I ever wanted to dragrace the bike, I could have the rear end lowered with two wrenchs in about 10 minutes and of course raise it back up before even leaving the track. Kinda cool stuff...

www.naarden.biz is their website.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh ok wow, thanks Axo250 and superman i dont think your links would work seeing is my bike is an 05 and i know the 06 model was different but correct me if im wrong, and how much would you want for them?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the vortex lowering links on mine. Same part number for 04-07. There are 3 holes stock, 1 1/4", and 2 1/2". Wish I would have went with the adjustable ones also. I would like to be able to keep mine a little higher then lower them when I drag it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts