Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1st postt! 06 zx10r

hello everyone! happy to be in the family ! ready for this season to kick off, i just picked up a 2006 zx10 and so far I love it. however i rode my buddies lowered gsxr 1000 and it felt a lot more comfortable i didn't feel as leaned over and didn't have as much pressure on my wrist like i do on my 10 , if i were to lower my back end would it make the ride more comfortable?? other then the stiffer suspension i think lowering the seat will make a big difference ? what do you all think? whats your opinion on this? thanxx!!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Personally I wouldn't lower it. As far as how it feels on your wrist you may be able to adjust the handle bars accordingly. But my 04 zx-10r was lowered 3" and my 11 is stock height and I noticed no difference.

Having owned and rode a bike lowered 3" and going to a bike that's stock height I will not lower mine, maybe for the occasional drag racing but after that I will raise it right back up. The bike itself feels much better stock height. I'm only 5'5 and I can sit straight up and ride fine, not sure how short/tall you are.

Lowering just the back wont change a thing with how you're positioned with holding the grips, you would have to lower the front aswell. Someone more knowledgeable then me about this will chime in im sure but I believe you don't want to just lower the back and not the front. I could be wrong so don't take my advice on that but it seems like it would have to be lowered a bit for you to even notice any difference aswell.

So my personal opinion is keep it stock height, adjust your handle bars according maybe you need new grips/bar ends to dampen vibration and make it a little bit more comfortable, maybe your seat is worn down and not comfortable either. But if it fits you better to have it lowered no sense in riding uncomfortably just the bike is better stock height to me.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I wouldn't lower it just my opinion when I first got my bike that though crossed my mind I even order that part from dealership but thank god never went thru with it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts