Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need opinions on lowering links. Im in the process of stretchin out my Gen 1. Im gonna go approx. 6" over. Ride it daily on the street everywhere, but Im a weekend drag racer and want to really drop my times. I sorta have an idea as far as lowering it is going to go. Im gonna drop it 10mm in the forks and a little bit in the rear and just strap the shit outta the front :helmet: to get it low at the strip and then use links to get the rear the rest of the way.

What I want to know is what everyone thinks about different brands/styles of links. Personally, Im heavily leaning towards Soupys. I know they are slightly overkill, but it was so I could drop the height when I got to the strip, but keep it raised up when Im street riding. Thoughts? :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^true too. I just liked the idea of being able to adjust completely as well. Im mostly looking for opinions on brands and materials they are made from. Stuff to consider when buying them.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I bought the Soupys fully abjustable for my 06 Zx10. Very happy with them as i was frequently changing my setup from stretched to stock lenth. I got the 1 in extra lenth ones wich are a little to long because when switching back to stock wheel base bike is still 1 in lower than stock. Greatest benifit is that you don't have to jack up bike and remove link bolts to chage ride hight. Just loosen up lock nuts and twist away. Some type of lenth indacator would be a big help though to get both sides even. I just use a measuring tape to verify both sides are at correct lenth.

I have over 15k miles on bike,including drag strip, road race track days, commuting, and weekend blast up my favorite twisty back roads with them installed and no issues.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts

I used to be able to get these made for cheap in NY but now I have no contact with the person any more, but these gives me a lot of adjustability and once you remove the link once, you're able to change your height in about 15 mins afterwards.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input on this guys! All of it really helps. Casper, how was installing the Soupys?

NinjeR, do you know who makes them or what material are they made from?

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
^true too. I just liked the idea of being able to adjust completely as well. Im mostly looking for opinions on brands and materials they are made from. Stuff to consider when buying them.
the adjustable ones are nice but the 3 hole ones will do the job. only take mins to lower the rear down and the ones i have are made out of billet aluminum.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will trade you 3 hole lowering links for your stock links.
sorry, I want to keep the stock ones too. If I change my mind though, youll be the first to know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts