Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to try to tackle lowering and extending my bike ! Can anyone give me any tips on this project??? Thanks.... p.s. using the roaring toys kit...

·
Registered
860 Posts
Make sure to use red loctite on the bolts of the extensions. You're going to need a chain tool, to break the old and install the new chain. A flatjack can really help when lowering the bike. When you're doing the front make sure to measure each fork tube and raise them evenly. As for the rear, the middle setting on the links will probably be good if you still want to street ride and carry a passenger.

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
Make sure to use red loctite on the bolts of the extensions. You're going to need a chain tool, to break the old and install the new chain. A flatjack can really help when lowering the bike. When you're doing the front make sure to measure each fork tube and raise them evenly. As for the rear, the middle setting on the links will probably be good if you still want to street ride and carry a passenger.
:iamwithst... but you will need to tighten your rear spring as well.. how much extension will you be adding???

·
Registered
860 Posts
True that, you will also need a shorter kickstand. Either cut yours or buy a shorter one.

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Extending 7" thanks for all the replies and info guys!
:welcome:

...but I think an Admin had to move your original location of this thread started in a section normally reserved to ask MODs or Admins a question...please read the site rules/stickys if your going to stick around here awhile. :wink:

bloo

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
now it's getting moved for the 2nd time...:badteeth:

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
that a boy blu lol
actually gmanlove PMed me and apologized....no big deal he is new and knows now where to start Threads or at least learn where they should go.

:welcome: agian gmanlove

:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts