Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys-
so this past weekend i was messing with sag, preload, etc. Had a friend help me and when we finally set the numbers correctly, seemed like the front of the bike was still a bit high. It didnt have the "front wheel tucked" look that made me fall in love haha. No biggy, until he mentioned, lowering the front a few MM to alter the look. Well, we did and it looks amazing now!! if iknew how to insert images, i would. Anyway, finally took a ride and man, amazing turn in, exiting etc.

But......for some reason when i look down at the triples, it seems they are "off" by a hair. By off i mean, if i look down from the top at the fork tubes, the right tube looks lower than the left fork tube?

Could twisting the forks within the tubes alter the upper triple, steering, etc? or is it an illusion because the steering damper if off as far as the mounts are concerned?

Steering is rine, hands feel even etc. Just wondering if twisting the fork up in the triples if it threw anything off.

P.s. only have 5mm of fork showing from the top of the triple

thanks.

·
Registered
559 Posts
As long as you have the same amount of fork showing above the triple on each side, youre fine.

·
The Pace
7,013 Posts
Not touched suspension but if all feels right, then I never worry. I would expect more rear spin when you increase weight on front. But we have the tc so all good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah there is exactly 5 mm of fork showing through each upper tripple. was thinking its an illusion sits the stabilizer sits off angle anyway?

bike holds a line, no veering left or right, even with hands off.

might be in my head, only thing was also, the right grip felt more pressue on it if that make sence. I might have not put the clip ons in the same position since i was so worried about the fork hight.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on and it's a gen 2 so no TC, but i did increase front compression so in front braking the nose doesn't dive so much, bit harsher of a ride, but nice trade off.....

·
The Pace
7,013 Posts
on and it's a gen 2 so no TC, but i did increase front compression so in front braking the nose doesn't dive so much, bit harsher of a ride, but nice trade off.....
First thought was how can a g4 look taller but then figured that others see more than I do, which is sometimes true. I would do some testing in the twists before going into pace mode just to see if the bike likes everything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts