Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i lower my bike with the stock shocks?
I don't want to come up as quick in 1st gear.
Any advice?

Thanks in advance

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
a number of people sell lowering links, they replace the rear dogbones and you can lower anywhere from 1 -3 inches.

check out ebay.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
a number of people sell lowering links, they replace the rear dogbones and you can lower anywhere from 1 -3 inches.

check out ebay.
:+1:Or any one of the site sponsors.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Remember, if you drop the rear ride height you should drop the front as well to keep the steering response in the ballpark. First guess, same amount (measured at the wheel) as the rear. You can only go SO far with lowering the front before the front fender will collide with something before it runs out of compression travel, and you don't want that happening ...

I installed a chain with a few more links than stock to get the back wheel to the back of the adjustment slot to help keep the front down. 'Course, that came along with a 2 teeth bigger rear sprocket, so now it launches even harder and the front still wants to come up. Hehe, it's all good :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
strictly lowering your bike will not keep the front end down. if it's really a problem, (can't see how) extend the swing arm (effective), or soften the compression on the rear (not very). Just remember any thing you do will adversely effect the handling. You could just roll on slower and lean over the tank more!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts