Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I feel stupid for this, but how in the heck do those bottom rivets on the lower fairing come out? On yamahas, hondas, and my old 636 you pushed in the center, but not on the 10r? Can I get a nice how to?

My flushmount should be here today and I'm guessing I might need to remove the side fairing to do this. Anyone whos mounted the flushies, please let me know if I can just remove the side fairing.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Pop 'em out from the top with a flathead screwdriver. They're kinda hard to get out the first time.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andy,

I thought you had the flush mounts anything tricky to the install? It looks like I might be able to take them out without taking any bodywork off at all? I just want to know how much sh!t I have to remove so i can plan my time accordingly. Thanks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
3 screws on each side is all that hold them in place. Make sure you disconnect the wires at the connector.

I'm not sure about any rivets... I recently had all of the bodywork off and there was no rivets on my bike. Everything was button head screws.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can I perform the change without removing the side fairings? I'm thinking it might be possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts