Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys noticed quite abrubt on/off throttle issues on your 06-07's?

Anything below 6k on the tac while trying to be smooth; any little close or open of the throttle with very little gas applied and the is very jerky.

Im not sure if this is compounded by the full system exhaust, PC and -1 sprocket???

I thought i would never ask this; but is the TRE for the Gen2 suppose to help with this issues? (as i understand its not a true timeing device; but more of a fuel pump on/off dealeo).

Reason i ask is lower speed corners trying to be smooth on the throttle has become quite labor intensive.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i've noticed this as well.....any other opinions as i've taken the cable slack out and it still requires more attention to get it right then it should

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
It's a result of the fuel pump cutting out when you're off the throttle. The TRE fixes this problem bg time as it keeps the pump on all the time so when you get back on throttle the fuel is there. The TRE is worth it as it smooths the on/off throttle response.
________
tiny tits Cam

·
Registered
396 Posts
:+1: on the TRE...... I had Slip on Akras, gutted cat, PCIII, -1fr +2rr...my bike was jerky as a son of gun, so much so i didn't want to ride it up on the mountain roads. Slapped on the Ivan's TRE and felt WAY better!! I like cheap fixes:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay;

So i will give this gizmo a try. I have one already but no directions for it.

Can anyone direct me to some of Ivan's or anyone elses directions for this thing on a Gen2. Not the mechanical stuff...i can do that. But ive read through a search that i have to fiddle with a wire and all that mojo. Anyone have some directions they can scan?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
ninja44 said:
It's a result of the fuel pump cutting out when you're off the throttle. The TRE fixes this problem bg time as it keeps the pump on all the time so when you get back on throttle the fuel is there. The TRE is worth it as it smooths the on/off throttle response.
:+1:
...the on/off abruptness is exactly what Ivan's TRE fixes. Not 100% about this, but I think the pump shuts off for emissions reasons. Without fuel on decel, there is less unburned fuel, etc. going into the air. But it also makes for a very jerky throttle.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, that makes sense.

So I have the TRE, can someone tell me what must be done on a Gen 2 to hook it up? Do i just plug it in? Or on a Gen 2 must i adjust my TPS and all that mojo? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
150 Posts
the GIpro fixed it on mine. best mod I've done.

search for what has to be done to use ivan's.

the fuel pump doesn't turn off on decel.. the computer just doesn't open the injectors, as it would be a waste of fuel and over heat the cat, by dumping unburnt fuel into it.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
When EDR did my mapping. Eric said he spent extra time smoothing that out with the map. It is much better than it was..

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone have the directions laying around from a Ivans TRE?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts