Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having problems that the blipper auto activates, and sometimes the QS only at low rpms...

I have woolich + racetools both activation pressure at 4...

maybe the sensor is going bad???

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've fought these issues myself for a while. Still get the odd false activation.

My number 1 guess: Run a gopro and watch your foot position. Sometimes I lightly tap or bump it without ever even realizing I would have if it wasn't for the camera.

#2 especially since you mentioned blipper more frequently than the QS:
Bump activation. Especially dependant on linkage orientation or any accessories on the lever. The extra 5grams over a bump at high speed can cause a false activation. (Unless you're running GP shift pattern)?

Also:
Tighten up the linkage or any heim joint slop. At a resonant frequency that can cause an activation. Prone to occur at the same point as "buzzing" or when you can hear your exhaust springs rattle.
Clean and lube. Sticky/gritty spots can hold it 1-2mm from it's natural neutral/middle/resting position. Then when it randomly releases it can register as an attempted shift.

Not frickin likely but still noteworthy of mention:
the return spring in the trans. Once that gets weak it can duplicate any or all of the above false activations. I've personally never seen one go bad on it's own, but once some ham fisted monkey was pretty rammy while putting one in. It caused a lot of slop which lead to the problems mentioned above.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine just happen at low rpm
will check all that.
just ordered another sensor to see.

thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts