Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike has a very slight hesitation at really low RPM's like below 2000 RPM at full throttle and it is effecting my launches do you think I need to add fuel or Take it away on my PC + or - or what ????? any advice greatly appreciated

·
Registered
885 Posts
Launch higher then 2000rpm? Adjust it +/-1 at a time and see what helps. This is the best way to fix the problem on your own.

·
Registered
417 Posts
you launchin for a drag race or just from a light. if you are draggin then i dont see why you would wanna leave at less that 2000 the bike makes no power. even when i take off regularly from a light i keep it above 2g on the tach

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
ok 2K rpm's is practically idle.

unless youre havin problems at say...5K or above, I woundn't even think twice about it personally. :dontknow:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
adding fuel may bog it down even more?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
launch from 6k.... not 2k....

·
Registered
5,228 Posts

·
Banned
814 Posts
i would be willing to bet your club president knows something about it.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
^^ :crackup:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I should have made myself more clear... if I am cruisin around at say 30 and want to got WOT it hesitates before it goes for just a split second it boggs then like a rocket it is gone if I am going any faster than that it doesnt really hesitate

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh yeah I dont remember doing it when it was stock

·
Registered
415 Posts
never rode in them rpm ranges so couldnt tell ya,but keepin it gangsta ,people are gonna clown you over this one because nobody rides a zx10 at those rpms,so all i could tell you is "DOWNSHIFT"

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I know what you're tlaking about and I believe that's just the nature of the beast.... it doesn't have anything under 4k rpm

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
If you did anything to it, i.e. exhaust, velocity stacks, etc., then it will be too rich. Lean it out.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
1killer1liter said:
If you did anything to it, i.e. exhaust, velocity stacks, etc., then it will be too rich. Lean it out.
:+1: no question - a hesitation on snap that low is a too-rich condition.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok so I just need to readjust my map... The reason I am curious is a guy I ride with can snap his to WOT at around 30 mph and his back tire spins mine kinda hesitates and then goes so I am tryin to get where I can spin that back tire when I want to...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh yeah and his is stock and his back tire spins

·
Registered
417 Posts
:dontknow: sounds to me like he just has a really hard compound rear tire

1 - 20 of 25 Posts