Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I should be posting this here. I searched around for a little and was unable to find anything even with the search engine on the site. I have an 06 zx10r, currently lowered and stretched for drag and occasionally street ride. I am in need of a low profile oil pan for a decent price before I rip the drain bolt out from under my bike. Makes, models, companys anything would be appreciated on this topic.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well from what I am told they are all about that price. The only thing I am wondering is it says I need a sidewinder exhaust and I currently run a full dual arka exhaust which I love. Really would hate to have to change exhaust I figure it would be compatible with my exhaust due to it being a shorter.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Well from what I am told they are all about that price. The only thing I am wondering is it says I need a sidewinder exhaust and I currently run a full dual arka exhaust which I love. Really would hate to have to change exhaust I figure it would be compatible with my exhaust due to it being a shorter.
Its shorter on one side but slightly longer on the other (where the exhaust passes underneath) so not all systems fit. If you are going to stay with that system I would look into having the stock pan shortened. Cheaper than the DME pan. I'm not sure who is doing this for the newer 10s, hopefully someone will chime in on different companies shortening the OEM pan.

Sent from my MB865 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
53 Posts
Its shorter on one side but slightly longer on the other (where the exhaust passes underneath) so not all systems fit. If you are going to stay with that system I would look into having the stock pan shortened. Cheaper than the DME pan. I'm not sure who is doing this for the newer 10s, hopefully someone will chime in on different companies shortening the OEM pan.

Sent from my MB865 using Motorcycle.com Free App
look into Adams Performance. Think they shorten stock pans. Pretty sure the low pro pans like DME or RPM are only compatible with sidewinders exhaust

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I looked into adams performance and they didn't say anything about pans except the low pro one for the zx14. Anyone with knowledge of where I could get this done at?

·
Grease Monkey Bandit
929 Posts
I'd call around to local metalworking and welding shops. Should be easy for a guy with experience and the right tools. I would do some research and provide them with the desired dimensions. Maybe look at how deep some of the aftermarket pans are.

I'm actually thing about doing the same thing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
360 Posts
i have both a dme and cut stock pans on my bikes the stock cut works fine i believe larry at hardcore does cut them but he needs ur pick up also stay away from the rpm pans BOOM

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
beanedisel anyway you could send me a pic of the cut stock pan and Larry at Hardcore?

Don't want to just trust any metal working shop with this since oil is important for my bike lol. Don't need oh yea I can do that and then my bike be screwed lol.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
just get your stock pan cut down, thats all i have works good

·
Registered
360 Posts
if u want to text me i can send u pic on my phone dont have any pics on thos laptop but ya i believe hardcore does them if not jeff does but larry just did my buddies busa pan its sweet

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With cutting it down won't the drain plug have to be relocated and does the pick up have to be modified any. Same thing Tone.r any pics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts