Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda a dumb question but figure I would go straight to the drag forum.
I have a stock oil pan on my gen 2 the bike is lowered that I occasionally bottom out my oil pan while riding on the street. So I was wondering if there is anything I might be able to do besides spend an extra $450 - 500 on a low profile pan. Also with the low profile pan from what I have read my full titanium Dual Akraprovic exhaust will not work due to the pan is a little thicker in certain spots where my exhaust pipes run under bike. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
871 Posts
There are some companies that cut the stock oil pan. A little less than a billet pan and doesn't require a Sidewinder.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Call OSRBIKES and see if the can help you, they cut down my pan on my Zx14. Not sure if they can do a Zx10

·
Registered
374 Posts
just find a local welder, I had a guy cut and weld mine for 100 bucks a few years back. Its not a huge deal. Most engine shops can do it.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
^^ I would not suggest doing it this way, OSR only charges $140, and they have it down to a science. I have read to many stories where the pickup tube wasn't cut correctly and starved the engine for oil.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awaiting to hear back from them, the pan pictures for the Zx-14 look good, they only charge 285 for a new one if you don't want to send yours off, Reasonable pricing instead of 450-500.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Awaiting to hear back from them, the pan pictures for the Zx-14 look good, they only charge 285 for a new one if you don't want to send yours off, Reasonable pricing instead of 450-500.
Let us know what they say because I my self would be interested in this but for a gen 3. And I noticed that the bme billet ones that are $450 do not have a oil drain??? so does that mean you would literally have to take the pan off to change the oil?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let us know what they say because I my self would be interested in this but for a gen 3. And I noticed that the bme billet ones that are $450 do not have a oil drain??? so does that mean you would literally have to take the pan off to change the oil?
In the experience I have had with low pro pans on my old bike and friends bike the drain is on the backside so it will not get destroyed from bottom outs.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
I emailed OSR a while back and they can do 10R pans. They said they cant get them as low as the 14, but can get you and inch or so extra clearance which is a nice bit extra. $120+shipping I believe. only havent done mine because I needed it to DD while I was at school. Back home now though and probably will be looking into it soon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts