Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, if you could point me in right direction on this. I wanna do a low-pro pan on my Gen 1. Looking for all options, buying one, making one or modifying the one on the 10. I dont know what all is involved in it other than I need to be aware of the oil pickup.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Some companies will modify your pan and pickup(must be done). Low pro pans are expensive man. Keep an eye out on psychobike.com in the for sale section. They pop up rather often. New they run around $450. I see nice used ones going for $300 or less.
Check out the many sponsors over on psychobike or contact cycle concepts or spencer cycle. there are a few other companies that sell low propans for Gen1 I just cant think of the actual manufacturer right now.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
I remember now, check out http://www.schnitzracingstore.com/catalogs/index.asp?category=250924&count=1
They can get EVERYTHING and ANYTHING you want for great prices when it comes to drag racing stuff man. They will know all the manufacturers of Low profile oil pans for the 10R and will get you the best prices. Where I got most of my stuff from for the drags. They are awesome to deal with.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Oh, you will want to get a "straight link" if you get a low pro pan. Or your rear shock linkage will be the lowest part and will become an issue with ground clearance. You will lower the bike more with the new pan then be smacking the shock linkage on the ground doing damage. Again, they also pop up used on psychobike.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Give "osrbikes" a call, the cut down my stock pan on my zx14 and its top notch work. Not sure if they will do a zx10 or not

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Give "osrbikes" a call, the cut down my stock pan on my zx14 and its top notch work. Not sure if they will do a zx10 or not
I always see cut down options for the 14 and Busa for around $150. Would be fantastic if a company offered it for the 10R too.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gotcha on the straight link thing. what exactly is an oil pickup and what does it look like on a stock oil pan? I always see it referenced, but never know what it is.

Ripped, how much does that sweet piece run you?

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
gotcha on the straight link thing. what exactly is an oil pickup and what does it look like on a stock oil pan? I always see it referenced, but never know what it is.

The oil pickup is the piece that bolts to the oil pump to supply the motor with oil. It usually sits in the lowest point of the oil pan.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i got a buddy that jus sent his oil pan and pick up off to be cut down....i think the price was around $150...1+ on getting the straight link....u might want to pay attention to ur headers as well....going with the straight link u might have to use the middle hole on ur lowering links bc the bottom hole might be too low for ur taste

·
Pimp/Player
11,412 Posts

DME pan & pickup ran about $460 I know the RPM setup is the same but runs about $370
With the oil pickup it pivots back and forth so it goes with the flow of oil when moving back and forth in the pan

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i got a buddy that jus sent his oil pan and pick up off to be cut down....i think the price was around $150...1+ on getting the straight link....u might want to pay attention to ur headers as well....going with the straight link u might have to use the middle hole on ur lowering links bc the bottom hole might be too low for ur taste
Im gonna look into getting my stocker cut down. seems like the cheapest option at over 1/2 off of the aftermarket stuff. I will probably do the straight link too, but thats gonna be down the road. Im not too worried about the ground clearance issue, I have Soupy's full adjustable links.

DME pan & pickup ran about $460 I know the RPM setup is the same but runs about $370
With the oil pickup it pivots back and forth so it goes with the flow of oil when moving back and forth in the pan
good to know. can you get upgraded ones for the stock pan?

What are the advantages of both, cut down stock and after market pan?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: allday

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I may be wrong, but from what I herd, you can't do a cut down pan without a sidewinder.. Just what I herd, cuz I was thinkin bout doin the same..
I seen a guy with a low pan with a full pipe on the bike

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dude, I want to get a sidewinder anyways, but holy fuck whos got the money for one right?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like turning left more lol. its just more natural and fluid lol. Id rock a sidewinder on the daily lol. Just wanna get a lopro to match, but cant afford the deadly $1500 combination of sidewinder+pan

1 - 20 of 28 Posts