Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Low Profile Motorcycle Speakers on my ZX10

15K views 56 replies 47 participants last post by  StrictlyCustom 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Folks. I finally got my speakers and installed it on my 2005 ZX-10r. It's nicely stashed and pointed towards the rider's face. I haven't seen any speakers installed on a sportbike like this before. Took me forever to shoot and edit this video. Take a look!

See less See more
1 1
#14 ·
It will be acceptable with some heavy metal playing so it match the bike instead of some bongo tribal crap!
Surely you've heard Hotel California?

LOL Why speakers when you can get headphones?
Personally earbuds start to hurt my ears aft 15min or so because of the limited space in the helmet.

#12 ·
Video doesn't work for me. It's kind of cool and really gay at the same time. I mean if you were parked and just wanted to blast some music that's cool' but while riding it's going to be a distraction and could get you killed. Same with people wearing head phones. Head phones are actually illegal to wear while driving or riding where I live anyway.

#28 · (Edited)
maybe get you killed, ive had helmet speakers installed on all my helmets for the last 5 years and im still here. there no more of a distraction then listning to the radio in your car. and less of a distraction then assholes talking or texting while driving which is illegal in california but doesnt seem to stop people from doing it just like speeding. Whats the diffrence between music and earplugs which also impair your hearing.

#18 ·
I still don't understand how people even wear head phones while driving. Nothing like adding to the list of distractions while people are trying to hit you... Here in south florida a ton of people I see wear headphones/ipods.... a lot of them also have rashed up bikes... not me, I dont even wear ear plugs, I want to hear everything around me at all times....

kudos to you for making something that actually appears to work pretty good though, its something that you just gotta say to eaches own but good work.

#40 ·
:+1: Its your bike and your life, live it up!

I like listening to music when I ride too, a mix of Slipknot, Five Finger Death Punch, Static-X, Killswitch, ect on a mountain road ride just adds to the enjoyment factor IMO. Ear buds work with a helmet but get annoying after a while and are totally useless without a helmet over 40MPH. Great idea.

#21 ·
Sweet job on the custom speaker build and on the editing as well. All you need is a bass speaker somewhere.

You'll get a few neg post since your bike doesn't do 475mph and doesn't have 800hp to the rear. And for most that is more important than enjoying a bike that YOU paid for from YOUR pocket lol.

You are required to do what ever you deem neccesary to make your bike enjoyable since, not to be morbid but since all of us are soon going to die anyways (20 years to 80 years from now anyways) its what you do with your life to improve the quality of it that matters anyways. Yes I know, my post makes no sense lol.

:eek:ccasion1

Reactions: ZiG 9th
#22 ·
:hello:.......thats nice bro. im not a fan of riding with music in my ears or blasting while riding my bike. but yo that could come in handy at pit stops. i get so tired of having to listen to the cruisers sounds when posted up:rolleyes:

i ride by sound and feel:badteeth: i love my music though. if i did install some sounds on my bike it would have to be a good snub tight install:cool:

but do you bro...........

#26 ·
haha wow thats actually very practicle and not squid-like in anyway. my concern would be how thats affect my lowered bike?

#31 ·
Hey Folks. I finally got my speakers and installed it on my 2005 ZX-10r. It's nicely stashed and pointed towards the rider's face. I haven't seen any speakers installed on a sportbike like this before. Took me forever to shoot and edit this video. Take a look!

YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

not a fan of ummmmmm speakers on a bike! but i would have liked the video better if you had some Slipknot or something more hard playing at the end...... anything but shake your paranoia :heyyou:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.