·
Registered
460 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't you just mount the one in the link? Looks like you just drill it into the plastics. I could be wrong but I bet you can make that work despite it being for a ZX6R. There is lots of room to work with under the tail.
Mmm, I'll have to take a look. Probably easier to see when I get home and have the bike in front of me. I do know the spacing is really tight between the tail/hugger where these kits typically mount..

·
Registered
460 Posts
You may end up having a different angle then the picture of the ZX6 but it will still look good. I'm interested in the this mod myself as I do like the looks of the one you posted...However, for $130 bucks that's another track day!

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have a Competition Werkes on mine, and I can certainly speak for the quality and craftsmanship. Was worth the money in my opinion.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts
Those low mount tag plates "should" work. What you're not seeing and understanding from the pic is that in some cases it will get you a ticket as it blocks the view of the plate by the tire. If you don't care about that issue, then you should understand that there isn't enough room for it. It doesn't rigidly mount there. You bolt up one end (in the case of this one, you mount it to the hugger bolts. The other end has a roller bearing on it. The rigid end is hinged. As the suspension moves up and down, the roller bearing rides on the undertail and forces the plate to move in and out of view. The hinge point is sprung so there is tension on it when the suspension extends, the plate moves back into position. Some of these designs mount to the the undertail and ride on the hugger. This one looks like it mounts to the hugger and rides on the undertail. It works. But the bearing will scratch the plastic it rides on. And may also get you pulled over for a plate violation. Do with that info as you will.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a std mount right now but I'm liking the sleek look of the tail section when it's completely free of all the clutter. Mostly everyone here in MI runs the undertail plates and I haven't yet heard of anyone having problems but I'm sure crossing state lines into say.. Ohio... might stir the pot up a bit especially since Ohio troopers already specifically target MI riders because they know they're just gonna pay the fines and walk away vs driving 1-3 hours to go to court outta state!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a std mount right now but I'm liking the sleek look of the tail section when it's completely free of all the clutter. Mostly everyone here in MI runs the undertail plates and I haven't yet heard of anyone having problems but I'm sure crossing state lines into say.. Ohio... might stir the pot up a bit especially since Ohio troopers already specifically target MI riders because they know they're just gonna pay the fines and walk away vs driving 1-3 hours to go to court outta state!
The only people I have ever seen use these POS's were more interested in parking their bikes and talking about them vs. actually riding them.

Squid shit, IMO. Not sure why you need to start a thread on this anyway, most squids just zip tie the plate into the location using the passenger pegs.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Lol Schooley makes a good point! You start taking the bike to the track you won't worry about undertail kits because it will be non existent and you will get the look your after! Zip ties will work for alot less money as well!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only people I have ever seen use these POS's were more interested in parking their bikes and talking about them vs. actually riding them.

Squid shit, IMO. Not sure why you need to start a thread on this anyway, most squids just zip tie the plate into the location using the passenger pegs.
Ok? :confused:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol Schooley makes a good point! You start taking the bike to the track you won't worry about undertail kits because it will be non existent and you will get the look your after! Zip ties will work for alot less money as well!
The tracks are bit a ways from me unfortunately. 3 hours or more so it's hard to get out there as much as I want to (granted there are even days available through STT), but I try to buy time for every 3rd weekend or so. But I'm not gonna limit myself to track-only especially with all that off time... there's some good streets out here and not everyone I ride with has the funds to pull off track days.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The tracks are bit a ways from me unfortunately. 3 hours or more so it's hard to get out there as much as I want to (granted there are even days available through STT), but I try to buy time for every 3rd weekend or so. But I'm not gonna limit myself to track-only especially with all that off time... there's some good streets out here and not everyone I ride with has the funds to pull off track days.
Fair enough. I know the feeling though. Closest track to me is still 2 hours but well worth it if you ask me. Let me know whenever you can get to the track around the SE. I would love to shred with another gen5!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts