Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guy said the GSXR 1k were about the same and the CBR 1K was spitting out 140s. It was a Suzuki + Honda dealership. Didn't give me a busa #.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Are those numbers for the gixxers and cbr's stock or with pipes/maps? If they are stock then it sounds like you are running a little weak.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He did say the 6 pulls in 4th gear were right on top of each other and my bike was running right. I was hoping someone on this forum was in the Fort Hood, Tx area and could post their #s. It was a Dynojet Dyno without ram air for the intake if that justifies the numbers.:dontknow:

·
Banned
1,056 Posts
Anytime a all gear run looks like this /////, your lean.

If it looks like this \\\\\, your rich,

__ __ __ ___ __ that is spot on.

You are lean IMO.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Then you're fine. Dyno numbers are relative.
:+1:
There really is no point in going to a dyno unless your tuning. Dynos a are tuning tool, nothing else.

Im going open a dyno shop and make sure its numbers are always 20% higher then all the shops around. Everyone will leave happy knowing their liter bike puts out 177 hp.

·
Banned
1,056 Posts
Never really thought about that. Makes some sense.

Good info
Mark Dobeck, the original founder and inventor of the Dynojet Dyno showed me that way back in 1992 before there was Tuning Link soft wares and sniffers in wide use.

Back then you only had the graph to look at and analyze. He explained it like this.

You do an all gear run, which is 2,3,4,5,6. (but not first)

if it looks like this /////, that is climbing in lean.

if it looks like this, \\\\\, that is falling off rich.

If it looks like this, __ __ __ __ __, it is spot on, on the jetting, fueling whatever.

I have found that to be true every single time.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
your waayy to lean dial her in to 12.8 or so and she will pick up some ponies
I will give it a shot. My target AFR was set on 13.2 (all ranges except 0 degree throttle). The guy running the dyno said he did not trust his sniffer. Now when the guy hit redline and let off an orange flame shot out the muffler for about a second. I thought it was going to melt his exhaust hose.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your poor bike! Just another one that I'll see over at impact awaiting an insurance adjuster. :dontknow:
Sorry you feel that way. I wouldn't wish that on you. Do me a favor and hold your breath until I wreck it. :thefinger

1 - 20 of 50 Posts