Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got the chance to run on the 2nd my bikes only mods r still lowered 3",strap,yosh slipon and i just removed the secondary butterflies to days prior of the 2nd

i ran at 10:58pm 65 degrees out + or - and good track prep

reaction-.455(redlight)
60ft-1.67
330ft-4.43
[email protected]
1/8 et-6.58
1/8 mph-114
1/4 et-10.09
1/4 mph-135

the thing i tried dif. was raised my rpm's when i launched(that helped the studdering feeling)and i made sure i was getting full throttle i dont know if takin those secondaries out helped me out but it seemed like it but that could of been the temp and track prep as well it feels like it gots a little more in it so untill i hit 9.99 or better i think im gonna keep the stock sprockets on eventually i will change them out

·
Registered
860 Posts
Alot of times late at night like that times go up because of dew setting in and humidity going up which will hurt your times. When pullin the flies its definitely a good idea to get remapped because it will run lean in that area that the ecu would normally have them closed or partially open. Thats still an improvement though isnt it on et and mph?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I am thinking it has something to do with your track and timing sensors. I say that because you got a very good 1/8 mile time which tells me you where WOT but still picked up only 21mph on the back half. If you weren't close to the 9s I would say you messed up somewhere on the back half but your 10.00s tells me you didn't do nothing wrong it's on par or what to expect.

I really don't know it's just a guess and the fact you said a buddy or something is running the same MPH or close. :dontknow:

Anyway....:thumbsup:

bloo

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
The stuttering is most likely because of the secondaries...Esp @4k RPM so I hope you are well above that at launch

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
The stuttering is most likely because of the secondaries...Esp @4k RPM so I hope you are well above that at launch
He did a 1.67s in the 60 and 6.5s in the 1/8th......that is a setup for 9s but his ET MPH is not adding up(with Mods) from the 1st half but there is NO "Stuttering" going on....just the mystery MPH readings. :dontknow::badteeth:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I'm with blue on this one. I think its just the mph sensor... I went and dug up a old stock wheelbase timeslip that was close to yours on times and this is what I got

60' 1.69
330 4.36
1/8 6.48
Mph. 115.12
1/4. 9.95
Mph. 143.01

So what this tells me is that I finished the back half in 3.47 seconds and you finished in 3.51 seconds..virtually identical...BUT I gained 8 more MPH, that doesn't match up which leads me to believe Blue hit the nail on the head.. I hope I didn't confuse anyone with that

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
i got the chance to run on the 2nd my bikes only mods r still lowered 3",strap,yosh slipon and i just removed the secondary butterflies to days prior of the 2nd

i ran at 10:58pm 65 degrees out + or - and good track prep

reaction-.455(redlight)
60ft-1.67
330ft-4.43
[email protected]
1/8 et-6.58
1/8 mph-114
1/4 et-10.09
1/4 mph-135

the thing i tried dif. was raised my rpm's when i launched(that helped the studdering feeling)and i made sure i was getting full throttle i dont know if takin those secondaries out helped me out but it seemed like it but that could of been the temp and track prep as well it feels like it gots a little more in it so untill i hit 9.99 or better i think im gonna keep the stock sprockets on eventually i will change them out
what track was you at?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes this is an improvement that is my highest mph yet

i raced at m.c.i.r(marion county international raceway)

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Even with my clutch problem I have now my last time out I still did a 10.0Xs which was almost Identical to your times:

reaction-.455(redlight)
60ft-1.67
330ft-4.43
[email protected]
1/8 et-6.58
1/8 mph-114
1/4 et-10.09
1/4 mph-135
I was 1.68s/116mph 8th @6.6s....bad time for the 8th I know I like to be in the 6.5s but finished at 148MPH 10.02s...the ZX10R I was racing(1st Gen) was doing 144mph with a 10.18s.....I don't believe are bikes are any faster on the back half it has to have something to do with the tracks themselves IMO... and as JLAudio11 said before elevation should not be a factor. just :dontknow:

bloo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts